SWAYY Premus
    Tarp
    SWAYY nSync
    Insulation
    Primaloft 3.0 oz
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    Depending on whether or not you can sleep on a diagonal, this could be a good idea. The whole zip feature seems a bit gimmicky to me though.
    Hey rweb82!

We have a 10ft hammock as the standard and an 11ft hammock option for the guys who want to go that route and who have a bit wider shoulders that most of us. You can get pretty close. I am 5'4.5" (yes, I am counting the half inch, lol) and I get a quality lay of about 40 degrees while zipped. The zipper is for me a really nice feature because it keeps out the extra cold and the warmth in. It is rated for 35 degrees F and does well up to 70+ when unzipped. Thanks man! Check our out kickstarter and let us know if you have any questions!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...cks?ref=c0tn1d
    Seth T. Hill
    Founder & CEO at SWAYY

Hammock
    SWAYY Premus
    Tarp
    SWAYY nSync
    Insulation
    Primaloft 3.0 oz
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Hey Vanhalo!

Thanks for the the representing man! Didn't know you were from Chatt. We should connect sometime?!

Cheers mate!
    Seth T. Hill
    Founder & CEO at SWAYY

Hammock
    SWAYY Premus
    Tarp
    SWAYY nSync
    Insulation
    Primaloft 3.0 oz
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    It's 8.2 lbs. for hammock and tarp that's only 6 ft. wide, and the synthetic insulation has a 35* F rating.
    Hey SilvrSurfr,

Thanks for spreading the word man. Just wanted to clear up any confusion on our prodcuts. We sell the PREMUS and the EIRA (check out the post above). The Premus is synthetically insulated with Primaloft Silver 3.0oz and is 5.1lbs - it is good for 35*F-70*F. The EIRA is DownTek insulated usuing 800FP Strom Treated down and is 3.1 lbs - it is good for 35*F-70*F and come with a rain fly!

Thanks for your help man. Looking forward to any feedback you might wana give us.

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...cks?ref=c0tn1d

Thanks man!

Cheers,
    Seth T. Hill
    Founder & CEO at SWAYY

Hammock
    SWAYY Premus
    Tarp
    SWAYY nSync
    Insulation
    Primaloft 3.0 oz
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyroler Holzhacker View Post
    What they don't tell you is how wide their hammocks are. I am assuming it is a standard 58" width.
    Hey Tyroler!

Wow, that is a good point. I have struggled with this because the way we make our hammocks, the width changes depending on if it is zipped shut of not. Here is the best I can explain it without showing you...

The HB (Hammock Body) material (weight bearing fabric) is about 54" finished weight and then the top quilt layers add another 12" on each side when un zipped. This brings the total to 78", which is way more than enough. The reason for the 54" width is that it allows for our patented cut/sew patterns to keep the "loft" factor in place. Essentially, the quilt is cut wider than the HB to keep a gap of air, thus keeping you warm. Does that make sense?

I am working with a factory now to see if we can get some custom fabric to increase the with on the HB, but I haven't found that yet.

Thanks for all the questions! Check out our Kickstarter and let me know if you think anything could be made better!

Encounter More,
    Seth T. Hill
    Founder & CEO at SWAYY

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAYY Hammocks View Post
    Hey Tyroler!

Wow, that is a good point. I have struggled with this because the way we make our hammocks, the width changes depending on if it is zipped shut of not. Here is the best I can explain it without showing you...

The HB (Hammock Body) material (weight bearing fabric) is about 54" finished weight and then the top quilt layers add another 12" on each side when un zipped. This brings the total to 78", which is way more than enough. The reason for the 54" width is that it allows for our patented cut/sew patterns to keep the "loft" factor in place. Essentially, the quilt is cut wider than the HB to keep a gap of air, thus keeping you warm. Does that make sense?

I am working with a factory now to see if we can get some custom fabric to increase the with on the HB, but I haven't found that yet.

Thanks for all the questions! Check out our Kickstarter and let me know if you think anything could be made better!

Encounter More,
    So have you guys thought about sending any out to some of the guys who do the hammock vids on youtube... like Shug maybe to get the idea out for a review?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    So how much does the tarp weigh? I've never heard of a 2.7 oz. Silnylon tarp.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    DangerBird #4284
    Tarp
    CG Hex | HouseFly
    Insulation
    HG Econ
    Suspension
    Dutch Buckle/Strap
    It's an interesting concept that sounds good in theory. I worry about the practicality of an all in one system out in the field. I'd love to try it out, but the initial investment is too steep for me to experiment.
    Last edited by 87warrior; 04-25-2018 at 14:46.
    Adventure is worthwhile in itself -Amelia Earhart

Hammock
    Sheltowee Boone 20*
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG TQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Without the perfect sag, you still have too much air between the insulation and the hammock body, and it will still be cold. Or maybe you will not have enough air, because there's too much sag.

I spot some dutch bling.

My go-to insulated hammock is https://shellhammocks.com/ I've been camping in that since May 2015 and it's been the best.

I hope the kickstart is successful, and will get more people into hammocks. Drives me mad to see people lounging in hammocks using ropes, and damaging the poor trees.
    I'd rather be hanging.

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    By way of comparison Warbonnet XLC hammock, Wookie XL 20 degree, and Thunderfly tarp weigh a combined 3 pounds 14.4 ounces for $560

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12