Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap Hammocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Smckinney0031 View Post
    If it is only the hammock and you want a big net you can find them for about 20 or less on amazon as well. I have not pulled mine out to set it up yet but it appears pretty sturdy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I got it do you know any custom design hammock Site I wish If I could give a try to create a custom design let me see how much custom design will cost me?

Quote Originally Posted by bobamos View Post
    Glad I could help. They are hammocks that normally go for much more but have been discounted big time to move product and run their sales numbers up. Best of all, we win...
    Yeah I saw even confused to see such low prices of hammock I was imagining it to be alot expensive but to be honest its not that much expensive, Maybe its sale or something else not sure buts overall its good for us

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
    Oh, I believe it. I just don't think its the greatest of ideas, especially for sleeping at night. Now, if you're not camping, not sleeping for 8+ hrs in one, then do whatever you want. Saw two girls lounging opposite from one another reading books in an ENO, thought that was effective use of the two-person idea.
    So long as neither has stinky feets!!!

Sent from a furniture shop in Maine
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    Dutchware Netless Wiide
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12x10
    Insulation
    Duck down
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    I would suggest you not go with built-in bug net for several reasons, among which are:

1. A lot of the time, you won't need it, so better to have it separate so as not to have to carry the added weight unless necessary. Also may not easily be removed or put out of the way when not needed.
    2. With built-in bug nets, it may be difficult or impossible to have a hammock ridgeline, and you will probably want one of those.

A bit ago, there was a bug net on Vipon for about $12.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Gone are the days when hammocks looked like tablecloths that you could use for about one hiking season. I started out with hammocks that I thought was sturdy enough, but having to have to buy one every year and half to two years made me believe spending on a better hammocks that people gave good reviews. Over the years I have worked my way up to a Warbonnet Blackbird XLC (old design). Now comes 2018 and Warbonnet comes out with an all new BB XLC, **** them. I think I can get another season out of mine, but I just may bite the bullet and buy the new one. I can always sell my old one. I agree with the group that says you get what you pay for.
    Blackheart

Hammock
    Dutchware Netless Wiide
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12x10
    Insulation
    Duck down
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-oh View Post
    https://www.vipon.com/product/493844...938448_2_image

I purchased this hammock last week. Heck of a great deal. 10 foot hammock, good suspension and a bug net for $18.50. The Fabric is a 210T 70D nylon and is comfortable. I am 300+ and 6'7" and I have comfortably used this style hammock for over a year now.
    According to the specs, it is under 9' long and only 55" wide. Might be okay for a child, and the Bug net is probably worth the $18. How much was the shipping?

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Smckinney0031 View Post
    If it is only the hammock and you want a big net you can find them for about 20 or less on amazon as well. I have not pulled mine out to set it up yet but it appears pretty sturdy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    SMCkinney, the deal I was referring to does have the Bug Net included along with the Hammock. They are separate items and come with separate stuff bags. The straps also come in a separate stuff bag. They also include a cheep stuff backpack for all the separate stuff bags.
    51X9iyKqN6L.jpg
    for $18.50 it is the whole package.
    Included is a 10' Hammock
    10' Nylon web daisy chain treestraps
    2 steel carabiners
    And a seperate 12 foot bug net.
    Only things not included are the tarp, TQ or UQ.

It's the whole deal.

BTW: The hammock is thesame 10' 210T 70D everyone is touting, and same as the Bear Butt, and all the rest.

Only thing is These deals do not last for long. As of 11:30 4/26/18 it was still there.
    Last edited by jeff-oh; 04-26-2018 at 23:01.

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GoneShootn View Post
    According to the specs, it is under 9' long and only 55" wide. Might be okay for a child, and the Bug net is probably worth the $18. How much was the shipping?
    not sure what you were seeing... it is 118" that is 2" shy of 10'. 9' is 108"

Here are the spec's per:
    【LIGHTWEIGHT & FULLY REVERSIBLE HAMMOCK】Dimension:118"x78"/10x6(ft)/300x200(cm). Characterized as high tensile 100% 210T taffeta ripstop diamond weave nylon. Durable, breathable and triple stitched edge seams hold up to 660LBS. Suit for 1-2 persons.
    【360° PROTECTION & VENTILATED MOSQUITO NET】Dimension:134"x55"/11x5(ft)/340x140(cm). Superfine 950 square inch netting effectively stops the mosquito, inserts and bugs from entering, ensuring you and your company a comfortable and sweet sleep. Made from superior Polyester 31gm fabric and dependable zipper design easy come in and out. What’s more, compatible with most rain fly, including ARAER’s(ASIN:B0721K5BRG).
    【ULTRA STURDY STRAPS & UPGRADED CARABINERS】Tough Enough - Support up to 700LBS Per Loop. Breaking strength tested up to 2200LBS Per Strap. Aviation aluminum-alloy carabiners could withstand about 300kg/660lbs. Each strap is 10 ft/300cm long with 15 loops.
    【EASY TO CARRY & SETUP】All things are in one portable compression sack(weigh only 1.35kg/3lbs). Wrap the straps around strong objects, fasten two high strength carabiners to any loops to your desired height and comfort level. Finally, attach the bug net to a 6-meter rope included.
    【12 MONTH REPLACEMENT GUARANTEED】ARAER commitment to providing 100% satisfaction guaranteed to any of our previous customers. If you have any issues, please contact us freely to receive personal care and attention to resolve your concerns.

Hammock
    Dutchware Netless Wiide
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12x10
    Insulation
    Duck down
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-oh View Post
    not sure what you were seeing... it is 118" that is 2" shy of 10'. 9' is 108"

Here are the spec's per:
    【LIGHTWEIGHT & FULLY REVERSIBLE HAMMOCK】Dimension:118"x78"/10x6(ft)/300x200(cm). Characterized as high tensile 100% 210T taffeta ripstop diamond weave nylon. Durable, breathable and triple stitched edge seams hold up to 660LBS. Suit for 1-2 persons.
    【360° PROTECTION & VENTILATED MOSQUITO NET】Dimension:134"x55"/11x5(ft)/340x140(cm). Superfine 950 square inch netting effectively stops the mosquito, inserts and bugs from entering, ensuring you and your company a comfortable and sweet sleep. Made from superior Polyester 31gm fabric and dependable zipper design easy come in and out. What’s more, compatible with most rain fly, including ARAER’s(ASIN:B0721K5BRG).
    【ULTRA STURDY STRAPS & UPGRADED CARABINERS】Tough Enough - Support up to 700LBS Per Loop. Breaking strength tested up to 2200LBS Per Strap. Aviation aluminum-alloy carabiners could withstand about 300kg/660lbs. Each strap is 10 ft/300cm long with 15 loops.
    【EASY TO CARRY & SETUP】All things are in one portable compression sack(weigh only 1.35kg/3lbs). Wrap the straps around strong objects, fasten two high strength carabiners to any loops to your desired height and comfort level. Finally, attach the bug net to a 6-meter rope included.
    【12 MONTH REPLACEMENT GUARANTEED】ARAER commitment to providing 100% satisfaction guaranteed to any of our previous customers. If you have any issues, please contact us freely to receive personal care and attention to resolve your concerns.
    Here are the specs from the link that you provided:
    Hammock Bug Net
    Lightweight, compact, breathable, 360° protect people from outdoor mosquito and bugs
    Size: 132" x 51"
    Material: Superfine 950 square inch netting
    Detachable and used for any size hammock

Double Person Camping Hammock
    Material: 210T Nylon Taffeta
    Size: 270*140cm
    Load Bearing Weight: 660 lbs
    Fits to 2 persons

Maybe they sold out of the other hammock and have substituted a smaller one.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    On these vipon deals. I find it is best to click on the "Open on Amazon" link under the photo. They tend to make mistakes or omit information on the vipon pages. This way you actually see exactly what is in the package. Also, these items are there for a limited time or limited quantity. The deals are actually unbelievable at times. Sure they are not top of the line but I have had some items that are as good as anything I have seen. Example, I purchased a very nice, and highly rated, bug net for $5.65. It was damaged by me when I tried to deploy it in on a very windy day. It blew up to a tree branch and when I pulled it free it was torn. My mistake. Anyway, the company found out and sent me a free replacement.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast