Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Hammocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Giant81 View Post
    at 6'9" I'm looking at one of these at 11'. I'd prefer a 12 or 13 foot one, but I think since it's a first hammock and I have nothing, for $30, this gets me hanging. Then I can buy a bug net and rain cover and top sheet and bottom sheet and everything else if I find it's comfortable.

Heck I can even get a longer hammock later and use the suspension from this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075Y25F75
    How much that hammock cost you after paying for Bug net and Rain Cover?
    Yeah you are right 12 to 13 foot one would be more comfortable as per my knowledge.
    Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you. - Frank Lloyd Wright

Quote Originally Posted by bobamos View Post
    Well, generally the free stuff is available at 10pm, 11pm and midnight pacific time. If you are not very quick someone else gets their order in before you do. It is a little disheartening to wait for it then miss out.
    Thats True Happened With me twice before I was waiting for a thing like from 1 days and at the time of sale the thing went out stock within 1 minute :/
    Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you. - Frank Lloyd Wright

Quote Originally Posted by novasquid View Post
    i ordered one and it arrived earlier today, so the 10'6" is directly from my measurement. it's not a bad hammock, and might be worth it to some people given it's price point.
    That good and 10'6" is fine at all give it a try to we can know more about it

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjwuk View Post
    This is the one my wife bought me as a surprise. I have the double.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B072B...5YL&ref=plSrch

Had my first night in it last night.
    So Overall How was your experience with this hammock seems quite nice to me

Quote Originally Posted by bobamos View Post
    https://www.vipon.com/product/490799...907993_7_image Here's one for $9.99. A 10 footer from Amazon through vipon...
    Seems like best deal available in the market right now

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    JRB
    Suspension
    Beetles / Webbing
    I've been very pleased with the Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter. I found it great when I was a beginner given the integrated bug net and general all in one package. For me, it was very comfortable and easy to set up. Although I wouldn't say it's "cheap", it definitely is on the less expensive side for the quality you get. Although I've since moved on to another hammock brand, my GTSB still gets a lot of use.

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TNWoodsman View Post
    I've been very pleased with the Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter. I found it great when I was a beginner given the integrated bug net and general all in one package. For me, it was very comfortable and easy to set up. Although I wouldn't say it's "cheap", it definitely is on the less expensive side for the quality you get. Although I've since moved on to another hammock brand, my GTSB still gets a lot of use.
    I wonder how long the GTSB is...If it is 11', then I'd agree with you. If less than 11' then I would say no because I like to double hang, and for that one needs two hammocks of equal length. I am 5'10" and for my height I prefer 11' hammocks. If one is shorter, maybe less than 11' is okay , but for double hanging side by side with the dutch beetle buckle system, one needs both hammocks to be the same length.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbelly View Post
    So Overall How was your experience with this hammock seems quite nice to me
    For my first time out it seemed pretty comfortable and I slept really well. I had a slight back ache in the morning but way better than a tent and not enough to wake me up to fidget around. Going to have another go this weekend with a tweak to the Ridgeline length; might have been too long.

Found out last night that we can use hammocks at scout camp in the summer so need to get it dialled in

My first hammock was a Magellan from Academy. It is a double with a 400# capacity. Comes with straps. I believe it was $39.99. The straps to stretch a little so there is some adjusting that is done but it is minimal and wasn't to bothersome. I also made my own bug net out of two mesh curtains, 550 cord RL and ducktape. It was the first time i was going kayaking overnight and the bug net was a "oh crap I don't' have bug protection for the night". I ended up using it about 5 trips and it still is usable.

It has served me very well. I have had one problem with it. I was hanging in a backyard at one of our crawfish boils and the knot at the end of the hammock untied. I fell from about 2 feet luckily. I decided to retie both ends and left a little more of the ends hanging out of the knot. Its been perfect since.

I recently just got a ENO double for $25 and I am now putting together a "legit" set up. Bugnet, Rainfly, padding, (dont' need a UQ here).....next weekend I'll be on the river with my new gear. Ready for the next adventure!

Images
    The $30 ridgeline hammock from Amazon (by my measure) is a full 11' with 2 wire gate Aluminum carabiner
    https://tinyurl.com/y9ueeqcq

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast