Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-oh View Post
    I never brother with the Free listings anymore, particularly when they are made available at 3:00 am. I tried several,clicking immediately when time opened up... People with more computer skills than me must have written code to grab them within nanoseconds.
    So true... I have gotten one free item and really do not bother any more.

Quote Originally Posted by bobamos View Post
    What I do is drop by every day and look at what I am seeking by using the search bar. Upcoming sales also show up there. But if you keep looking you will eventually come by some great deals. Like another I got.... a nice 10X10 tarp for $6.76. Last week they had 3 11 foot hammocks for free... But you had to be quick to get them.
    Yeah this is great Idea Maybe we can go through some coupons Site to check IF there is any coupon available for the product we are looking for?
    Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you. - Frank Lloyd Wright

Quote Originally Posted by bobamos View Post
    So true... I have gotten one free item and really do not bother any more.
    but why you had bad experience with it or it wasn't as mentioned as described?
    Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you. - Frank Lloyd Wright

at 6'9" I'm looking at one of these at 11'. I'd prefer a 12 or 13 foot one, but I think since it's a first hammock and I have nothing, for $30, this gets me hanging. Then I can buy a bug net and rain cover and top sheet and bottom sheet and everything else if I find it's comfortable.

Heck I can even get a longer hammock later and use the suspension from this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075Y25F75

Hammock
    Dutchware Netless Wiide
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12x10
    Insulation
    Duck down
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant81 View Post
    at 6'9" I'm looking at one of these at 11'. I'd prefer a 12 or 13 foot one, but I think since it's a first hammock and I have nothing, for $30, this gets me hanging. Then I can buy a bug net and rain cover and top sheet and bottom sheet and everything else if I find it's comfortable.

Heck I can even get a longer hammock later and use the suspension from this one.

Several days ago, I asked on the hammock page if it truly measures a full 11' if layed out flat but got no reply. I wonder if anyone has ever actually measured one of these? I would bet a dollar to a donut that it is closer to 10.5' than 11'.

still better than 9.5' but yeah, I'm not expecting greatness at that price point with suspension.

I figure it's a good starting point, then I can piecemeal in replacement parts as I go along. The problem with buying everything at once is it does get costly. Sure a Hammock is only $30, but everything else pushes it up over $200 quickly, and that's a bit steep if you don't know if you even like it yet.

I'm a proponent of buy a full setup cheap, and replace with better parts as they break. Eventually you end up with a better setup as time goes on, and any piece you didn't have/want to replace was a good part for a better price.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    TBD...
    Insulation
    XLC Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Dutch Bl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant81 View Post

I also submitted a question about whether this is really 11' on their page.

If you're good about actually returning things, worst case is that it is Amazon Prime, so you can always return it if (as I suspect will be the case) that "11 foot" measurement is including the suspension and the actual length is closer to 10'. But given that you're 6'9", I'm not even sure how well a known-good 11' like a Dutch Netless would work for you. You might need an 11' Wide at the least, and maybe a 12', to really get comfortable.

If you're handy with DIY skills, it's not too hard to order some AmSteel and fabric and test things out to find what fits. Even if you decide you want a nice nice finished hammock from one of the many great cottage vendors around here, at least you'll have a better idea what size to look for.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, left lay
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Inc and Burrow
    Suspension
    Ti Strap Anchors
    Images
    look like there are quite a few of us that asked the 11' question. i asked too and have not received a reply. if it's really 10.5' or shorter, i would think it would save them and us a lot of trouble by telling the people who ask. otherwise they're setting themselves up for a lot of returns.

Hammock
    Dutchware Netless Wiide
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12x10
    Insulation
    Duck down
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    @Giant81

Except for your height, this hammock with bug net might do for $20. It is 6.5' wide, though, so you may find enough room for a comfortable diagolal lay. I have one, and it is a nice rip-stop hammock, right at 10' long:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071VYJHXQ

Then, these are really nice cinch-buckle straps for $15. Used to sell for $30+. I have two sets. Hook directly to your hammock via supplied carabiners:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0147HKI5I

Plus, you can find a decent tarp on Amazon for around $30, or you can just get a cheap $10 6x12 tarp from Walmart and make that do for a while. So, we are at $20 + 15 + 30 = $65 to get started. Since you are very tall, you might try what others have done - get one of the taffeta table cloths that you can find, as I recall, in 12' x 6' finished sizes to use as a hammock. Then, you just have channels sewn in each end for your suspension. Cheap and easy.

Good luck in your adventure!

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbelly View Post
    but why you had bad experience with it or it wasn't as mentioned as described?
    Well, generally the free stuff is available at 10pm, 11pm and midnight pacific time. If you are not very quick someone else gets their order in before you do. It is a little disheartening to wait for it then miss out.

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast