Hammock
    Jellyfish Deluxe
    Tarp
    JRB and HG
    Insulation
    HG 0 and 30 degree
    Suspension
    whoopies or buckle
    Another great time at MAHHA, looking forward to the next hang.

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    Thanks to all the organizers, the cooks and the fire-masters for a great weekend. Highlights for me included winning a simply light designs hammock and titanium Dutchware cups in the raffle. I will get some use out of those in the coming weeks. Also, stretching out in WV's People's Bridge Hammock was the most relaxing moment imaginable. Camping with CurleyMaple and Sammy was great (Sammy makes great pies). Pat's bourbon-bacon butter was a show-stopper, especially on hot bread.

This was my second spring MAHAA and it was just fabulous to see everyone again and to spend some quality time in my hammock.
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by jellyfish View Post
    Thanks to all the organizers, the cooks and the fire-masters for a great weekend. Highlights for me included winning a simply light designs hammock...This was my second spring MAHAA and it was just fabulous to see everyone again and to spend some quality time in my hammock.
    Congratulations. Jared at SLD makes some VERY nice hammocks. I am glad to hear that you had such a good time and were afforded some well-deserved hang time.
    Last edited by kitsapcowboy; 04-23-2018 at 17:13.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    DIY DL w/attached bugnet
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY 10deg quilts
    [QUOTE=jellyfish;1881749]
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabhanger View Post
    Being my first MAHHA and group hang, I had a wonderful time and met many great people. Can’t wait to see everyone in the fall.../QUOTE]

I'm glad you got a pic of that ocean tarp. My inner jellyfish is just proud as can be about being represented.
    No problem! That was a wonderful print on a tarp and I just couldn't help but take a picture of it!

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Left Otway NC at 7 AM on Thursday and got to the hang site at 5 PM....10 hours. Got out of the car and assaulted by snow. I was thinking this was suppose to be a spring hang. Found a place to set up. When I finished I walked around to meet the folks already there. As it was very windy and cold, I was glad to see a nice large fire going. Was offered some food so of course I accepted it and ate.... Pizza along with other goodies. Also had some hot from the DO Cherry Cobbler with whipped cream on top. Fat and happy and warm. Went to bed early. Wind died down and it got down to 31 Thursday night. Heard a train off in the distance about 3 AM.

Woke up about 7 AM, thought it was later. Group I had dinner with last night were fixing breakfast...bacon, lots of bacon eggs to order cooked in bacon grease, sausage and more...Hot sticky buns from the DO....once again I was fat and happy with a warm fire to keep me warm. Meet a guy and he conned me into going for a hike on the AT to an overlook. Great views and a fun hike. Decided to conduct some afternoon hammock studies....take a nap.

Saw Dutch setting up so I went over to talk him for a few minutes. Told him I did not know if I would feel safe sleeping in a hammock setup where everything looks like hamburgers. The bears might think they were at a fast food hang. Dutch's custom print stuff does look great. Got invited to have some DO Chili while I was there. Once again...fat and happy. About that time a pickup truck full of fire wood showed up so I knew the ploy of the food was to keep me around to help unload the wood. Not a problem as there were several of us to share the load.

Only got down to about 33 Friday night and there was very little wind. Once again I could hear the train off in the distance about 3 AM.

Saturday AM started off with breakfast over at the pavillion ( about a 5 minute walk from the group site ). Lots of sausage, french toast, pancakes. We are a food eating bunch of folks. Once again fat and happy.

A long time friend, RockDawg showed up on Saturday. He said was section hiking the AT in the area and planned it so he could make the hang. We toured the AT museum. He got a picture of me standing next to a sign from the top of Mt Katahdin ( have to get a copy of that picture ). Told him this will probably the closest I will come to being at the real place. We then went over to the General Store to check out the selection of merchandise and food. Not a lot to choose from but enough of the important stuff like Ramen noodles, Spam in the single serve packets and a grill along with lots of ice cream ( very important for the 1/2 gallon ice cream challenge ). Talked to a couple of thru hikers and wished them well.

About 5 PM everyone started gathering around the Pavillon to see what the raffle prizes where. I was very impressed with the variety of gear. Also want to take this opportunity to thank all the vendors who donated gear to the raffle.

Saw that the guy selling raffle tickets was getting overwhelmed so I joined him to ease the load. A third person joined us and I think we managed to process everyone waiting to get tickets very quickly. If some one got helped out of order, I apologize but it was hard to keep track as we had people approaching us from the right and left and behind us. My only complaint is that most of the tickets I bought were defective. the numbers did not get called . Can't really complain as the raffle monies pay for the group sites and the use of the pavillion with any left over monies going to charity. Can't remember if we had dinner before or after the raffle. Once again good food and lots of it. Then there was the group photo. I got a rough head count of about 75 people. I had fun taking pictures of the people taking the group picture.

Went to bed early and woke up about 3 AM, no trains this time. Tried to go back to sleep but could not so I got up and took down my setup and packed it in the car and was on the road at 4 AM. I saw Dutch and crew had also left. 10 hours later I was home.

I want to thank all the folks whose hard work made the hang possible. Hope I can make it back again and bring The Terminator with me.

The following pictures are from Thursday night.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    More pictures....

From our AT hike Friday AM

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    And still some more....

Dutch Stuff

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Yes more....

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Still more....

The picture of the hikers around the car were not part of our group but I thought it was great...even the Amish back pack and I figured they would do very well on the trail as most of them do not use modern conveniences.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    What.... more pictures.....
    Last edited by gunner76; 04-23-2018 at 16:04.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast