After thoroughly, and I mean THOROUGHLY checking my trees for blood suckers and not finding any, I decided to go one more night without a net. It's supposed to get down to freezing tonight, so I've got my old man winter and netless diy hammock with my Snugpak UQ and new 40° Econ Burrow zip. It's 40° right now with about a 5 mph or so wind off the water .I'm wearing lightweight wool socks, lightweight base layer top & bottom and a lightweight fleece vest. And so far, even though the Burrows right at its temp rating , I'm cozy warm. I don't doubt that it'll keep me plenty warm tonight even with the predicted low of 32°, as all of my other HG quilts have all performed exceptionally below their ratings.....Even the -10° set kept me warm when it was around -25° with the wind chill added in. Now that's quality! So since I haven't hung outside since mid February, and the temps are slowly rising here in northeastern Maryland, I figured I'd get out here and enjoy the cool, crisp spring air before I'm stuck inside a hot, humid breeze-less bug net, looking at a mass of web inside my tarp and wondering how I'm going to get out this time lol. Is it fall yet? Lol.
Here's a vid of my rig for the night of your interested.....
https://youtu.be/HzzCpEDsYPQ