WBBB XLC, LBR
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies, straps

Help with Canada trip

Hello, my family and I are going to Canada this summer to spend a couple of days in Winnipeg with some distant family. Then we want to drive to Rushing River Provincial Park near Kenora and spend a night there. Hopefully hanging. Then travel to Caliper Lake Provincial Park for a night. Finally, hooking up with my brother-in-law in Morson and fishing walleye on LOW for a few days. Any cool things to check out along that route would be greatly appreciated. Also, any info about the parks and how hanger friendly they are. We need trees to hang three people, so any sites to reserve or any other information to help us get our trip planned. Thanks in advance.

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    I believe HF member esmith is from that area, and he may offer some tips on that part of Canada. Have fun.

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyroler Holzhacker View Post
    I believe HF member esmith is from that area, and he may offer some tips on that part of Canada. Have fun.
    Contact Bothwell Voyageur as another option. He lives in the Winnipeg area of Manitoba and may be able to offer some assistance with your questions.

Cheers

Brian
    Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment. - Unknown

Hi ThreeJs

Have been trawling back through my memories to remember details of our trips to Rushing River for some hammock specific details. It is a great little park though can be very busy, particularly at holiday weekends. we usually stayed there for a night before or after a canoe trip and don't remember our pitches having trees suitable for hanging though I think there were some areas at the south west end of the site that may be better.

Dogtooth Lake and beyond are great for exploring (and camping) by water. If you are in a 4x4 there is a logging road running off the highway west and you can drive in there to camp informally for free but some sites along there are a bit "overused" we usually use this road to access the lakes around there for paddling/camping. There are some fantastic beaches on some of the lakes and pictograph sites at a couple of locations as well as great fishing but make sure you have a licence as the conservation officers do visit to check on campers from time to time.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    WB Wooki & Mamba
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Thanks Tyroler for the mention, I'm over in Alberta, 2 provinces away. That's about 1197 KM's away or 744 miles so I am not familiar with that area.

Anyone coming up to Central Alberta feel free to contact me any time! I have been going to the provincial sites around the eastern foothills for over 20 years and the last few years going into the Public Land Zones and rough camping. I'm also very familiar with Cape Breton, Nova Scotia if anyone wants info about there!

Looks like in this case Bothwell has him well covered!

Cheers guys!

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Threejsrocketry View Post
    Hello, my family and I are going to Canada this summer to spend a couple of days in Winnipeg .
    when? we're having a hammock hang that first weekend of june just outside winnipeg

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, LBR
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies, straps
    Our trip is Monday July 16 starting in Winnipeg. The nights of the 17 and 18 hanging. Then meeting up with family in Morson on Thursday 19 and fishing. Heading home on the 22.
    Thanks everyone

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, LBR
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies, straps
    We are interested in the boondocking by Dogtooth Lake. Any details about this area would be great. Being from out of country, would we need any special permits for camping. We will have fishing licenses .

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    you will likely need park passes

they come in 2 flavours, provincial or federal, depending on who funds the park/lake

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator20,UGQ
    Suspension
    Huggers and Amstel
    I would reccomend a bug shelter or big tent to get gather and get away from the bugs. I go to Eagle lake in Ontario around that time, an morning evening and night the mosquitos can be hungry.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast