Chameleon Wide Hexon 1.6 Coyote B.
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG Econs 30
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    You mentioned two trees close together and the photo shows you both use the same tree on one end. But I see that the suspension of one hammock is sort of coming off the center of the tree. So remember that you can sleep next to each other with just two trees. The trick is to run your hammock suspension so instead of coming off the center of the trees, it comes off the side - one hammock on each side of the tree. So your suspension/hammocks will be separated by at most, the diameter of the tree.

Though they don't like to talk about it, my experience is the thing that keeps women from enjoying the outdoors more is the whole bathroom/hygiene thing. So if you can assure privacy, hand sanitizer, hole digging materials (or dig one before hand) and the person actually knows how to do it - maneuver clothes, etc. that might go a long way into moving an adventure into the realm of possibility. Be sure to point out how the hammock is more night time critter/snake secure than a tent. Play the YouTube video from Lord of the Rings that shows the incantation used to keep spiders at bay, etc.
    Thanks for the input. Ya shes hooked now so I'll be getting her a chameleon and we will use the spreader bar from Dutch with the beetle buckles. We have camped plenty of times before she really enjoys it. It wasn't going to rain at all but that's why I told her we were going to still put the tarps up for privacy. The little things like you mentioned sometimes get over looked. But I have watched so many videos and been on the forms so much I have about everything I need. The spiders were her biggest fear and she did enjoy being of the ground and we had a fronky style bug net on hers so she was safe lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ TQ & UQ.
    Images
    Living the dream!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    TBD...
    Insulation
    XLC Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Dutch Bl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyRosa View Post
    shes hooked now so I'll be getting her a chameleon and we will use the spreader bar from Dutch with the beetle buckles.
    Definite two thumbs up on the spreader bar and Beetle Buckles. The Double Whoopie hooks work well too, and probably weigh a bit less overall. But the all in one Beetle Buckle setup (no separate tree straps/huggers needed) is really convenient and probably what I'll stick with unless my wife gets in to backpacking trips.

Our Double Dutch bugnet is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Still looking for the right tarp for a tandem setup, hopefully we'll have some new options soon...

Hammock
    Chameleon Wide Hexon 1.6 Coyote B.
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG Econs 30
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by James Fowler View Post
    Definite two thumbs up on the spreader bar and Beetle Buckles. The Double Whoopie hooks work well too, and probably weigh a bit less overall. But the all in one Beetle Buckle setup (no separate tree straps/huggers needed) is really convenient and probably what I'll stick with unless my wife gets in to backpacking trips.

Our Double Dutch bugnet is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Still looking for the right tarp for a tandem setup, hopefully we'll have some new options soon...
    Just a test hang in the basement. Hopefully getting it out in the wild within a few weeks. Very simple to set up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12