WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by atrane21 View Post
    Here's a CloakWare Chameleon in Hexon 1.6 with matching asym bugnet.

Oh for pete's sake! That is just fantastic! I printed a picture of this for the CFO at home, just on the chance that she's is a good mood.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon or DIY Robic XL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & CDT TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by atrane21 View Post
    Here's a CloakWare Chameleon in Hexon 1.6 with matching asym bugnet.

I'm still saving my pennies, but soon I'll have one like it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware

Print2Fabric Cloakware: Now You See It, Now You Don't!

Completed this new Dutch Xenon 1.1oz DIY Cat Tangle all-season tarp in record time using the pre-printed pattern right on the fabric -- no layout, no measuring, and no marking! The result was a perfectly precise tarp with more than an hour shaved off my typical build time.

The new Cloakware pattern is very nice and has a low signature in the woods; without my hi-his guy lines you would almost miss it in these pictures!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kitsapcowboy; 05-08-2018 at 16:50.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    DIY 12ft HyperD 1.6SL
    Tarp
    The Stingray DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator/Gemini
    Suspension
    UCRWhoopieCinch
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    Completed this new Dutch Xenon 1.1oz DIY Cat Tangle all-season tarp in record time using the pre-printed pattern right on the fabric -- no layout, no measuring, and no marking! The result was a perfectly precise tarp with more than an hour shaved off my typical build time.

The new Cloakware pattern is very nice and has a low signature in the woods; without my hi-his guy lines you would almost miss it in these pictures!
    That's some sharp camo. Blendy. Tarp looks great! The hour you saved would probably be more like two hours for the rest of us.

And that brown grosgrain... Swoon!
    Last edited by Cabmanhang; 05-08-2018 at 16:47.
    "If we lose the forests, we lose our only instructors. People must see these forests and wilderness as the greatest educational system that we have on the planet. If we lose all the universities in the world, then we would lose nothing. But If we lose the forests, we lose everything." -- Bill Mollison

Hammock
    DH TB #1832; DW Chameleon; DIYs
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    LL20°GP/LH,SLD,DIY
    Suspension
    Amsteel/web/bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post

I really didn't need to see this...I toyed with the idea of NOT having the matching tarp for my new CloakWare Chameleon, but I'm not sure how long I'll end up holding out.

The tarp looks great. Exceptional work as always!

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabmanhang View Post
    Holy cheeseburgers, ...Dutch, where are the fries, man?
    I just know you're working on this fries sidecar addition, as well as a ridgeline bottle holder in a shake pattern?
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    LL20°GP/LH,SLD,DIY
    Suspension
    Amsteel/web/bling
    Images
    My oldest daughter and I were finally able to sneak out last weekend and both get our first overnighters in our new Chameleons.
    I will say that my full CloakWare exceeded even the very high expectations I had for it. The ink saturation quality on the subliminated netting is flawless. The design is great and the no-repeat pattern shines even on a hammock.
    It has been quite a while since I've slept in a non-"wide" hammock, but the standard width hexon 1.6 provided a wonderfully comfortable nights rest.
    My daughter's custom top cover is simply beautiful as well and she adores her new hammock.

I'm not a great photographer and simply use my phone for pictures, so the below shots don't really do them the justice they deserve..there are definitely much better shots of both hammocks earlier in this thread.

Capture1.jpg

Capture2.jpg

Capture3.jpg

Now with these in hand, I have a ton of diy projects planned, from my own topcovers and peak shelves to toying with some different side car designs. Not only is the Chameleon a wonderful production design and great hammock, but I love that I still can play with so many component designs and diy projects that are so easy to integrate into the hammock. If time doesn't allow, then I can just contact the DW team and purchase so many ready made components that are constantly coming out.

So a big thank you to Alex, Dutch and the entire DW team! And you were very correct in your earlier statement Alex, I love my new Chameleon.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    TBD...
    Insulation
    XLC Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Dutch Bl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidson View Post
    I really didn't need to see this...I toyed with the idea of NOT having the matching tarp for my new CloakWare Chameleon, but I'm not sure how long I'll end up holding out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidson View Post
    If I'm seeing correctly, we now know the answer is "ten days at the very most" ?

Looks great! That tarp looks crazy wide but I don't see any seams - still just two panels? I've been working up to ordering a CloakWare tarp myself, but now I might have to resist the urge to go for a matching Chameleon (suppose it helps that I prefer my Wide, although a small part of me wonders what CloakWare would look like with a palette based on Deep Purple...).

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    LL20°GP/LH,SLD,DIY
    Suspension
    Amsteel/web/bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by James Fowler View Post
    If I'm seeing correctly, we now know the answer is "ten days at the very most" ?

Looks great! That tarp looks crazy wide but I don't see any seams - still just two panels? I've been working up to ordering a CloakWare tarp myself, but now I might have to resist the urge to go for a matching Chameleon (suppose it helps that I prefer my Wide, although a small part of me wonders what CloakWare would look like with a palette based on Deep Purple...).

I haven't pulled the trigger quite yet on the CloakWare tarp . The tarp in the pictures is a 12' long, winter style, DIY made from 1.1oz Multicam Intruder silnylon. When the fabric was being produced it was a 65" wide fabric. There is a standard ridgeline seam on the tarp connecting the two panels, but I was very precise/cautious in my seams and hemming to ensure I squeezed out every possible centimeter of width. So the finished width is just about at 125" (10.5'). As you can see, the width is very helpful in our setup.

As much as the CloakWare and Multicam complement each other, I will still likely go down the route of a completely matching CloakWare tarp. Maybe a smaller hex style for low precip chance nights. I've got a few other diy projects to tackle first and see what other surprises and goodies Dutch puts out with the Print2Fabric platform.

The additional palettes of the CloakWare pattern would be great to see. I like your thinking

Hammock
    Simply Light Designs Streamliner
    Tarp
    MAC Cat
    Insulation
    Simply Light UQ
    Suspension
    SLD whoopies
    Print2Fabric Centerfolds ...?

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567