Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Insulation
    Potomac 3S UQ

UQ for Hennessy bottom entry hammock?

What would you choose or what has worked for you? Thanks!!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Pardon....I did not see that this is Arrowhead sector when I posted....!

The Nest from JacksRBetter. Made for Hennessy bottom entry.....http://www.jacksrbetter.com/shop/the-nest/
    Shug

The Nest

No more wrestling with pads inside the hammock. No more waking up cold in the middle of the night. The “Nest” under quilt retains the convenience of the Hennessy bottom entrance with a split entrance w/non-snagging, mixed hook & loop (fastens to itself) that attaches to the Hennessy’s entrance hook and loop. The “Nest” attaches to the hammock in under a minute without sewing or special hardware (attachment instructions). It comes with a JRB Suspension System and the improved foot end draw cord modification to assist in elimination of the dead air pocket that sometimes is experienced under the legs. Includes a 1.2 oz. JRB silnyl compression sack.

Note: The “Nest” was specifically designed for the Hennessy Ultralite Backpacker A-sym with the bottom entry. However, the design of the suspension system and the mixed hook & loop closure on the slit allows it to fit all bottom entry, asymmetric Hennessy hammock models and most other lightweight camping hammocks.
    Last edited by Shug; 04-08-2018 at 15:23.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    UGQ & HG
    Suspension
    whoopies and beetl
    The nest from JRB is excellent. I use it on my bottom entry explorer as well as with my chameleon. It works great and I have had it down in the teens and I stayed nice and toasty.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images
    I see this is under 'Arrowhead Equip' so I assume you want synthetic.

My experience is that the Jarbridge 3 season ($100) works, but due to drafts I only get to about 32F with it alone.
    The Hennessy Super Shelter alone (goes on sale for $75 to $100) works great to 32F as well.
    I put the Jargridge inside the SS for temps below 32F and have been very warm at 15F (below that and I stay home

Also, you can add any throw blanket you have inside the SS and easily get down into the teens.

So, for $100 you can get to 32F. If you go with the SS it can easily be beefed up to go much lower. If you want to use it on another gathered end hammock, the Jarbridge would be your best bet. Arrowhead has a full length for HHs that will work on gathered end hammock as well, (Potomac I think) but I haven't seen or used one.
    Last edited by oldpappy; 04-08-2018 at 12:22.
    Enjoying the simple things in life -
    Own less, live more.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    The Potomac was designed when bottom entry was the only option that Hennessy made. It’s what we demonstrated in the Potomac video and it works perfectly with the bottom entry and zip entry models. The Jarbidge as mentioned above works well for partial length coverage.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, 20° bag
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieWeasel View Post
    The nest from JRB is excellent. I use it on my bottom entry explorer as well as with my chameleon. It works great and I have had it down in the teens and I stayed nice and toasty.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I too have the Nest from JRB, used on my bottom-entry Hennessy and recently with my new Chameleon down to 19°. JRB makes good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Insulation
    Potomac 3S UQ
    Quote Originally Posted by oldpappy View Post
    I see this is under 'Arrowhead Equip' so I assume you want synthetic.

My experience is that the Jarbridge 3 season ($100) works, but due to drafts I only get to about 32F with it alone.
    The Hennessy Super Shelter alone (goes on sale for $75 to $100) works great to 32F as well.
    I put the Jargridge inside the SS for temps below 32F and have been very warm at 15F (below that and I stay home

Also, you can add any throw blanket you have inside the SS and easily get down into the teens.

So, for $100 you can get to 32F. If you go with the SS it can easily be beefed up to go much lower. If you want to use it on another gathered end hammock, the Jarbridge would be your best bet. Arrowhead has a full length for HHs that will work on gathered end hammock as well, (Potomac I think) but I haven't seen or used one.

Thank you!

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Insulation
    Potomac 3S UQ
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    The Potomac was designed when bottom entry was the only option that Hennessy made. It’s what we demonstrated in the Potomac video and it works perfectly with the bottom entry and zip entry models. The Jarbidge as mentioned above works well for partial length coverage.
    Thanks! I can't decide between the two. Price is a big factor but so is ease/comfort.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Insulation
    Potomac 3S UQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Pardon....I did not see that this is Arrowhead sector when I posted....!

The Nest from JacksRBetter. Made for Hennessy bottom entry.....http://www.jacksrbetter.com/shop/the-nest/
    Shug

The Nest

No more wrestling with pads inside the hammock. No more waking up cold in the middle of the night. The “Nest” under quilt retains the convenience of the Hennessy bottom entrance with a split entrance w/non-snagging, mixed hook & loop (fastens to itself) that attaches to the Hennessy’s entrance hook and loop. The “Nest” attaches to the hammock in under a minute without sewing or special hardware (attachment instructions). It comes with a JRB Suspension System and the improved foot end draw cord modification to assist in elimination of the dead air pocket that sometimes is experienced under the legs. Includes a 1.2 oz. JRB silnyl compression sack.

Note: The “Nest” was specifically designed for the Hennessy Ultralite Backpacker A-sym with the bottom entry. However, the design of the suspension system and the mixed hook & loop closure on the slit allows it to fit all bottom entry, asymmetric Hennessy hammock models and most other lightweight camping hammocks.
    That's okay. I think synthetic is best for me, and the price of JRB scares me a bit. Its probably amazing, but I don't think it's the right one for me.
    Last edited by amibrain; 04-08-2018 at 18:18.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by amibrain View Post
    Thanks! I can't decide between the two. Price is a big factor but so is ease/comfort.
    Email or “CHAT” with me tomorrow and we can talk about some of the advantages of each.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast