DIY DynaFly
    Insulation
    EE TQ & UQ,
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Images
    IMG-2223.jpg
    IMG_0623-2.jpg

I know this doesn't help the OP with the older children but here are some pics of our hang setup for our 4 month old using our double dutch chameleons. He hangs between us under the double dutch net allowing either of us to check on him in the night. I cat cut the edges of his hammock to minimize the floppy sides falling in his face. Initially I was concerned it would make it easier for him to squirm out but those concerns are nearly all but eliminated. I will have to make a larger version as he grows but I'm hoping that I can maintain the third hammock between us until he is old enough to want his own space. The quilt is a costco down throw cut down to fit and then integrated into the hammock for ease of setup and to minimize the amount of stuff in the way when getting baby in and out of the hammock. So far it has been a great success and we hang on to our camping lifestyle despite the challenges associated with having a baby in tow.
    Be what Is to Become
    Become what Is to Be
    Make the Future
    Given Thee...

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamystic View Post
    IMG-2223.jpg
    IMG_0623-2.jpg

I know this doesn't help the OP with the older children but here are some pics of our hang setup for our 4 month old using our double dutch chameleons. He hangs between us under the double dutch net allowing either of us to check on him in the night. I cat cut the edges of his hammock to minimize the floppy sides falling in his face. Initially I was concerned it would make it easier for him to squirm out but those concerns are nearly all but eliminated. I will have to make a larger version as he grows but I'm hoping that I can maintain the third hammock between us until he is old enough to want his own space. The quilt is a costco down throw cut down to fit and then integrated into the hammock for ease of setup and to minimize the amount of stuff in the way when getting baby in and out of the hammock. So far it has been a great success and we hang on to our camping lifestyle despite the challenges associated with having a baby in tow.
    Omg I love this!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon, Halfwit
    Tarp
    DIY DynaFly
    Insulation
    EE TQ & UQ,
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Smckinney0031 View Post
    Omg I love this!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks! Baby Django is quickly becoming a big fan as well... ;-)
    Be what Is to Become
    Become what Is to Be
    Make the Future
    Given Thee...

sub'd to this thread

Hammock
    Hennessy Hammock
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Daisych Desc rings
    That's interesting! I have a 10-month old, and couldn't wait to take her hammock camping. Even before she was born, I created a small version of an enclosed hammock which is designed to clip to the ridge line and the two end-rings in my own or my partner's (Hennessy) hammock. I also made a wooden stand for around the house, because it turns out that rocking the hammock is a great way to get her to sleep when she's fighting it during the day!

I haven't got any "baby within hammock within hammock" pictures at the moment
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    HH Safari Zip
    Tarp
    Sil Nylon Hex
    Insulation
    Ghetto UQ/Crappy T
    Suspension
    Built-in
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthonio View Post
    That's interesting! I have a 10-month old, and couldn't wait to take her hammock camping. Even before she was born, I created a small version of an enclosed hammock which is designed to clip to the ridge line and the two end-rings in my own or my partner's (Hennessy) hammock. I also made a wooden stand for around the house, because it turns out that rocking the hammock is a great way to get her to sleep when she's fighting it during the day!

I haven't got any "baby within hammock within hammock" pictures at the moment
    Would it be possible to get any sorry if guidance on making one of these? Shopping list / sources for hardware? It might be rudimentary for the forum regulars, but I could really use one of these and I have basic sewing skills .... I lack the knowledge of shaping and sourcing the materials....

Hammock
    Hennessy Hammock
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Daisych Desc rings
    Quote Originally Posted by trust View Post
    Would it be possible to get any sorry if guidance on making one of these? Shopping list / sources for hardware? It might be rudimentary for the forum regulars, but I could really use one of these and I have basic sewing skills .... I lack the knowledge of shaping and sourcing the materials....
    Hi there,

I actually used an old and battered Hennessy, took it apart, laid out the shapes of material and measured them. I then divided all measurements by 60%, drew out the new shape on the existing material (Making sure the angles remained constant) and sewed it back together. I did insert a zip though to stop baby from accidentally rolling out.

I don't actually use mine anymore as my daughter has grown out of it. If you wanted to, we could discuss sending it over to you? PM me if you're interested!

All the best,

Anthonio

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I took my ten year old out for her first over night and i used the spreader bar. That way she could hold my hand till she fell asleep and i could peak over and make sure she was doing alright.

Well I think you had a lot of fun. I would be afraid to go on a camping with my baby. As you said there are a lot of challenges and not all of us are prepared to take them. I wanted to make a cute gift for my friend. She has a two years old baby and I was thinking of a nice suit for walking. I chose a great website that I know there are clothes of Great quality and really nice designs.

Hammock
    Kammock roo double, Soco single
    Tarp
    DD Hammocks 3X3
    Insulation
    Onewind 40* UQ
    Suspension
    python 10 straps
    Quote Originally Posted by zzzleeper View Post
    We spend a lot of time in the outdoors with our two small children aged 3 and 5. There are a lot of places nearby that would be perfect for an overnighter, if there only was a space to pitch our pyramid tent. Unfortunately the most scenic spots are rocky, slopey, bushy and all that. So we have started to look to the trees as an alternative dwelling.

What are your experiences of hammocking with adventurers as young as ours? Will the kids still be in the hammock in the morning or will they have wiggled out during the night?

Our kids usually end up in our bed during the night so my main consideration is sleeping in separate "bunks". For this crazy idea to work it would require having a parent nearby to reach over and offer some comfort during the night. I am not to keen on sacrificing my arm to the mosquitoes so that would also mean each parent-child would need to share a bug net. Any suggestions on the best way to keep the little ones close, and bugs at bay? I am not to concerned about the kids shaking the cot, a good nights sleep is but a distant memory anyway these days.

My guess is that our children would be less concerned with "what might be out there in the darkness" if we throw a winter tarp over the whole thing. I suppose we wont know till we try but it would be interesting hearing other peoples experiences.

What's the best way to keep little ones warm in a three season setting? Same as for adults, or are there some clever hacks that could save some money? Looking at this project and what we already have in our gear locker would put under quilts x4 as the largest expense, me thinks.

If your kids need to be near to you try this it allows two hammocks to be on the same trees a foot apart
    https://eaglesnestoutfittersinc.com/...caAhg5EALw_wcB

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast