Kammok Roo Double
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli
    Insulation
    Enlightened Eq
    Suspension
    Kammok Python 15

REI Bridge Hammock + REI Under-quilt + Kammok Kuhli + Kammok Python 10

preface: total newb here. preparing for a 6 day motorcycle/camping trip in may through WV and PA.

i recently ordered the REI Quarter Dome Air - Bridge Hammock (old version) (new version) ($112 on sale), and the REI matching synthetic under-quilt ($100).
    I tried it out a few times for an hour or so in the park. I love the hammock, and the tarp is super easy to use which is great for me, but its much smaller than i feel comfortable with.
    I did a ton of research, i wanted something big enough, but that was just as easy as the REI tarp (i have zero experience with knots, i know i'll have to learn this, but for now i just dont have this skill set). I also wanted a tarp setup with doors, but im seeing that using doors with bridge hammocks is a little hard to pull off.

I ordered the Kammok Kuhli last night ($130 with 20% off).The kuhli has very similar features to the REI tarp, in that its got attached guy lines, with integrated storage when packing. The guy lines have line lock tensioners, and there are 8 of them, plus the 2 on the ridge line. beyond that, the ridge line that wraps around the tree has a little loop on the end just like the REI tarp (similar to dutch wear?) that lets it just loop around itself, and then get tightened with the line lock tensioners.

The outer corners of the tarp can be brought in as make shift doors in storm mode, and it also seems to do great with awning mode (of which i already have REI poles from my noahs tarp setup from my tent camping days). I watched a bunch of videos by kammok on it, but cant find any actual user reviews. Is it that new, or is it just not popular ?

The whoopie straps that come with the REI hammock are interesting, but i found negatives about them as did others. They can only support tree widths up to a certain range, and they dont do well between trees that are too close to each other either. I tried out my brothers eno atlas straps with the REI hammock and i much prefer those. I ordered the kammok version last night as well, the Python 10 ($30).

So far i'm in around $375. I already have a nice kelty down 20F sleeping bag, and a non insulated klymit static v pad that i'll be using with this setup as well.

I understand this might be considered a newb setup, which is fine with me, as im a newb.
    I'm looking for any feedback people might have on this setup, but im also going to be documenting my setup here, along with photos.
    I Should be able to post updates with photos this weekend, as the new gear should arrive thursday or friday.

a photo of a quick overnight camping trip i did in the spring in CT in my tent.
    IMG_1094.jpg

- motech
    www.city-gs.com
    Last edited by motech; 04-02-2018 at 12:05.

• + New Posts