Thread: Meteor Bivy

Meteor Bivy

Meteor Bivy for sale

This is a MYOG version of the SMD Meteor Bivy. It is used but in great shape. I am selling it for the price I paid + a little for shipping: $45.00. It is great, but I went in different direction for bug protection and made my own gear. Weighs: 6.9 oz That is a 72" sleep pad inside and placed all the way at the bottom of the bivy for scale.

More info: It was made before Six Moon Designs began production, but using the template on their website. Made from 1.1 oz nylon (top) and 1.3 silnylon (bottom), with nanoseeum for the upper, all from thru-hiker. A single zipper goes around the entire upper half so that if no bugs are out you can roll the whole section of netting down and sleep without any obstructions. The bottom is tough enough to act as a ground sheet as well if it is warm and you do not need any protection from elements or bugs.

-Michael
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SoCal Mike; 03-31-2018 at 20:07. Reason: Additional information added

Hammock
    10' 1.0 dh darien
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    Incu-Sniv-Pepper
    Suspension
    All of 'em
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Mike View Post
    Meteor Bivy for sale

This is a MYOG version of the SMD Meteor Bivy. It is used but in great shape. I am selling it for the price I paid + a little for shipping: $45.00. It is great, but I went in different direction for bug protection and made my own gear. Weighs: 6.9 oz That is a 72" sleep pad inside and placed all the way at the bottom of the bivy for scale.

More info: It was made before Six Moon Designs began production, but using the template on their website. Made from 1.1 oz nylon (top) and 1.3 silnylon (bottom), with nanoseeum for the upper, all from thru-hiker. A single zipper goes around the entire upper half so that if no bugs are out you can roll the whole section of netting down and sleep without any obstructions. The bottom is tough enough to act as a ground sheet as well if it is warm and you do not need any protection from elements or bugs.

-Michael
    I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMushroom View Post
    I'll take it.
    PM sent.

Item is sold. Thanks.

-Michael

• + New Posts