DIY
    Tarp
    Dutch Dyneema Rect
    Insulation
    UGQ/Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Becket hitch

Alternate hammock inside underquilt protector and xlc bugnet

So I just ordered an underquilt protector from warbonnet and am very excited. I was putting the information into my spreadsheet ( I'm a huge nerd and file every piece of gear I own with their descriptions and weights). It occurred to me that you could put a different hammock inside the XLC bugnet when its zipped onto the underquilt protector. Only caveat would be a ridgeline length match. Am I wrong in thinking this? Has anyone ever tried? More of a curiosity than something I'm really planning a to do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    When you zip the UQP to the bugnet, your hammock is essentially a WB Traveler, so... yeah, you could probably put anything of the same length in there, provided it doesn't sag too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Of course you can use the XLC top cover / underquilt protector sock with another hammock, BUT the hammock needs to have similar dimensions. This means not just the ridgeline length, but also the actual hammock length. You could also say it needs to have the same sag. While the XLC is marketed as an 11' hammock, it is a bit shorter due to the way it's whipped. The way I measure hammocks to be able to compare them to other hammocks means the XLC is actually a 10.6' hammock. It has very little sag. If you would put the XLC ridgeline on an 11' hammock with channels, it would probably have too much sag for the underquilt protector to work well with an underquilt. But try it and report back. I might be wrong, since I haven't tried it myself.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Danimal9 View Post
    So I just ordered an underquilt protector from warbonnet and am very excited. I was putting the information into my spreadsheet ( I'm a huge nerd and file every piece of gear I own with their descriptions and weights). It occurred to me that you could put a different hammock inside the XLC bugnet when its zipped onto the underquilt protector. Only caveat would be a ridgeline length match. Am I wrong in thinking this? Has anyone ever tried? More of a curiosity than something I'm really planning a to do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’ve done that a number of times...hung my 11’ SLD Trail Lair (with my Wookie UQ or LL UQ) inside my Warbonnet Winter Top Cover zipped to Warbonnet UQP. Works fine!

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    I had the same thought this weekend as well... Think that might be my set-up next winter: XLC top-cover and UQP with my DIY Chameleon-clone floating in the middle.
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

• + New Posts