Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    I've not had that experience of the suspension popping out on other quilts but Dutch did say that Hammock Gear quilts use a smaller diameter primary shock cord so that may be why you are experiencing this. Either way this is still a good way to keep in in place and if one could jettison the extra shock cord that's even a better option.
    I'm wondering if we're talking about the same thing. Can your post a picture of how you're using the pack hooks at the hammock tie outs on your UQs?

The pack hooks work fine for me with the exposed shock cord near the ends of the hammock, but the portion of the UQ suspension that is not exposed doesn't stay in the pack hooks (the suspension isn't exposed near the hammock tie outs). This is the case for my Zeppelins, my Jarbidges, my Wilderness Logics UQs, and my HG econ Phoenix.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 100 Ton View Post
    Yep, the quilt hooks on the Chameleon definitely do not work with the Hammock Gear underquilt.
    And I agree, would be nice if Dutch or Tato could re-vamp this clip with a positive locking closure that doesn't require the shock cord.
    Now that's a good idea. Some type of a hard closing clip. I'm wondering if this Tato device will put too much stress on the quilt when you get in and out of the hammock because quilts typically slide around allot getting in and out of the hammock.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    That is a great idea! A similar idea would be to take a marble and rubber band to do the same thing. Put the marble on the inside of the hammock, gather the fabric from the outside , and wrap the rubber band around it. Should work the same as the Tato connectors.
    Last edited by rweb82; 03-29-2018 at 12:31.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S and SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Now that's a good idea. Some type of a hard closing clip. I'm wondering if this Tato device will put too much stress on the quilt when you get in and out of the hammock because quilts typically slide around allot getting in and out of the hammock.
    I think I'm just going to attach it at the shoulder. If it's only attached in one place, then it should move with the hammock body and have as low a chance of stretching or tearing the UQ as using the pack hooks.

I've tried a type of tarp clip similar to this, but they're kinda heavy and they don't work if you use a bug net/cover. Plus, I rolled over and the clip was in my face.

I have some of the Dutch tarp clips, but it never occurred to me to try them on the UQ. Hopefully, the little white plastic portion of the clip that would be inside the hammock won't cause annoyance.

Hammock
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mychal View Post
    I think I'm just going to attach it at the shoulder. If it's only attached in one place, then it should move with the hammock body and have as low a chance of stretching or tearing the UQ as using the pack hooks.
    Very good point.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S and SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Very good point.
    It occurred to me after I made the post that the UQ's ability to slide along the suspension would be compromised, and even the line locs used on most secondary suspensions would likely be more forgiving, so it's not quite the same as using pack hooks.

Still I'd like to give it a shot.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    Cool. I also am wondering whether this stresses the UQ fabric too much as you get in/out of the hammock, but existing UQ hooks leave a bit to be desired IMO.

Personally, I've seen people rig up shock cord to hold UQs to their hammock... I wonder why a shock corded claw isn't the standard way to connect UQs to hammocks. That seems to be the best of all worlds.

Hammock
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fsupaintball View Post
    I wonder why a shock corded claw isn't the standard way to connect UQs to hammocks. That seems to be the best of all worlds.
    A similar concept is used on my Warbonnet Ridgerunner and there are absolutely no adjustment necessary or available.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon, DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    HG, DIY
    Suspension
    Straps, Beetles
    Images
    I'll know soon enough...doesn't appear to be any problem at all. I spent the night in it last night and I rolled around quite a bit,,,no sign is slippage or damage to either the hammock fabric or the quilt. Now, I suppose if you missed the hammock and sat in the quilt, that would likely be a problem!

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon, DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    HG, DIY
    Suspension
    Straps, Beetles
    Images
    A similar concept is used on my Warbonnet Ridgerunner and there are absolutely no adjustment necessary or available.
    Is this what you guys are talking about for a shock corded claw? If not, what is it?
    image.jpeg

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast