DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    I use mine with the Titanium cinch buckles. I make sure the webbing is straight in the buckles with no folds. After I have the hammock adjusted how I want it, I do a slippery half hitch behind the buckles (towards the tree side), taking care not to pull the webbing crooked. Dutch does not recommend using the Kevlar with hardware. I personally have had no issues by doing it this way, but I take no responsibility for any sudden ground joining. I think most folks use them with Whoopie slings or use one of the hardware-free hitches, such as the Beckett or J-bend (I have used both in the Kevlar).

Hammock
    WBBB DL + 7 others
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    LocoLibre TQ0 UQ0
    Suspension
    15'Kevlar3.3J-bend
    Try Becket variants and try the J-bend. All are easy. J-bend is secure and always easy to release, no hassles: cold, wet, freezing weather. And with any tape or straps. And some big guys prefer it as easier to untie after long-time under tension as when semi-permanent camping. I'm not big but like it best over all other methods. Unless you're attracted to metal suspension parts for some reason, no hardware needed, ever; same with Becket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk-P-MVnMPk

Hammock
    WB RR, DIY Bridge (Dutch Kit)
    Tarp
    Kammok Glider
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, DIY BQ
    Suspension
    Whoopsie Slings
    I have the same straps and use the becket hitch. I've also used a marlin spike but prefer the becket after an unfortunate exploding toggle incident (my fault entirely).

Hammock
    Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear CF
    Insulation
    EE 20/30 Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    For kevlar straps I love using a marlin spike hitch. I have a pair of titanium toggles that I leaver tied to my hammock ends. When I hang I just run the kevlar around the tree and back through the loop and then tie my MSH and hang the hammock. I think it's the lightest set up option and pretty darn easy once you get the hang of it. The key for me is really just getting the height of the knot right so I get a consistent hammock set up. I like to tie them at about chin height on me on the high end and about 6" lower on the other side.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow #2779
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ-HG/KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Kevlar/Ti CinchBkl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Roads View Post
    I use mine with the Titanium cinch buckles. I make sure the webbing is straight in the buckles with no folds. After I have the hammock adjusted how I want it, I do a slippery half hitch behind the buckles (towards the tree side), taking care not to pull the webbing crooked. Dutch does not recommend using the Kevlar with hardware. I personally have had no issues by doing it this way, but I take no responsibility for any sudden ground joining. I think most folks use them with Whoopie slings or use one of the hardware-free hitches, such as the Beckett or J-bend (I have used both in the Kevlar).
    This. I used the same setup for about 18 months with no slippage. Only problem was a little fraying on the edges of the webbing. But with some care you should be fine trying this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoe makers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but up in the Mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men.
    - Daniel Webster

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12