11 foot
    Tarp
    Old man winter
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopee slings

Walmart hammock stand?!?!

So I got distracted today and ran into this. Anyone have one of these. I’m using a dyi stand for camping out of the back of my pickup but this looks a whole lot easier. May pull the trigger and give it a try for 50 bucks. 2EE72DBC-326E-443E-BA3B-6A3DE5242F2B.jpg

Says it’s for hammocks from 10-13 feet. Could be a real time saver. I always end up tangelo get the amsteel lines and dropping the shackles in the grass for my home made one out of wood and metal fence section.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    looks like the REI knockoff

50 bucks says give it a try and post a review

Hammock
    11' 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    D.I.Y. 12' winter
    Insulation
    cool weather
    Suspension
    Poly. S.S. Beckett
    Images
    Yeah, I saw that. The first thing I did was pick it up and thought it was heavy. Decent price.

Did you notice the fly tarp? I almost grabbed that but it's a 7.5 foot ridge line? 9 feet wide? I think they made it backwards...

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    10-13 feet? Awesome. Mine only does shorter hammocks (the $60 one commonly found on Amazon), I'd love to hear what you think about it.

Hammock
    11 foot
    Tarp
    Old man winter
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopee slings
    I think I'm going to ho pick it up. I noticed the tarp also but left it for the same reason. Too short for my 11 foot hammock. Times are changing. They had a lot of the gear clearly marked with their weight, which is pretty cool for a box office store.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    When I plugged the numbers into Hammock Calculator for a 10ft hammock (104 inch ridge line) and a "tree" distance of 128 inches - according to the spec on the package (that's 10.6 ft) at a 30 degree angle and 18 inches off the ground, the calculator says the suspension point has to be 54.7 inches high. But the height spec on the package says it is only 38.2 inches high. At 2 inches off the ground the calculator comes up with 38.7 inches high.

So it appears that it will work with a 10 ft hammock 1.5 inches off the ground. I don't know how you'd get anything longer to work.

Keep your receipt!

If I've made any mistakes in the calculations above, please let me know. I would love to have a stand that would keep a 13 ft "hammock" - the distance between apex points on a Ridge Runner - off the ground for $ 50.00.

I made a pipe stand a while back (pictures in DIY forum) but it is difficult to assemble and didn't meet someone's approval. I sleep under the covered area in the front of the house. But I can't see the sky and it shelters me a little too much from the cold and wind. That sounds like a good thing, but not if you are testing your gear for comfort (vs cold) before a real outdoor adventure. With a stand like the one mentioned, I could use it on the back patio.
    Last edited by cougarmeat; 03-25-2018 at 18:29.

im about to post a review in the review section for a hammock stand that is cheap, commercial and i have been using for 2 weeks! its also portable and breaks down! i think the specs are little better than this one you posted.

Hammock
    11 foot
    Tarp
    Old man winter
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopee slings
    Please do tell. I got this home and it’s a really neat well made product. However there’s no way it’s going to work for an 11foot hammock. My end double nest which I use at the house with my daughter ends up being only a few inches above the ground. For the 11foot hammock that I do my sleeping in the middle sits on the ground. Good thing that it should be easy to return.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGC WD 12
    Insulation
    JRB Wash 3
    Suspension
    Spider2.0, becket
    I bought the same one two weeks ago. Nice and portable and not too heavy. My longer hammocks really don't work well but my shorter single, 9'6" clips on well at the hooks with carabiners. It does hang very low and not a flat lay but it gets the job done. At least my butts off the ground and I can actually rock myself. I'm also only 150 lbs.

I use it at parks that don't allow strapping to trees, gets the job done...

Hammock
    DangerBird #4284
    Tarp
    CG Hex | HouseFly
    Insulation
    HG Econ
    Suspension
    Dutch Buckle/Strap
    Thanks for sharing this. I was in the local Walmart last week perusing the outdoor gear section and did not notice this stand. I will have to swing by after this evening to investigate. We could sure could use another hammock stand.
    Adventure is worthwhile in itself -Amelia Earhart

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast