Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    HG CUBEN TARP
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies / CRL
    Just got done hiking Saturday and Sunday 30 miles total. It was a hot Florida weekend in Ocala though so I typically don’t hike this time of year here. About to do a 7 day hike in north Ga where the weather is still nice. I try to do at least two 6-7 day trips every year and weekend overnights whenever I can in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    I'll do 10 miles in a day, but I like to fish so I prefer something in the 5 range to give me more time. Usually just overnighters or long weekends.

I like to get out for 3 to 4 days and sometimes 5 or more if I can pull it off. I'll also go out for a quick overnight to a rec area about an hour from my home. Mileage per day depends on whether I'm in a group, with one other person, or just by myself. It also depends on the views and terrain. My last solo trip to celebrate my 53rd birthday I did 89 miles in 4 days...just about did me in, but I was completing a NCT section and needed to push myself. I'm good for 10 to 15 mile days by myself, but I also like low mileage group trips where we just kind of lollygag along the trail.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    3-4 day long weekends are usually all I can swing. I have done a couple week long trips but that was tough to get the time set aside and work caught up so I did not come back to anything that was older than a week. I try not to let orders get more than a few days old no matter what so longer hiking trips are a little more tricky to make work.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB SF and WL TP
    Insulation
    UGQ & HG
    Suspension
    multiple
    Images
    I'm typically just an overnighter kinda hiker. Especially nowadays since I work 5 and a half days per week. Not that I get to go on many trips, but when I do, I'll head out on Saturday and return on Sunday. Very rarely do I get to go for 3 days/2 nights. Maybe once a year. As for distance, I won't hike any further than 7 miles each way. I simply don't have the time or energy to hike any further than that.
    Scarecrow on Instagram

"If somebody tells you there's a rule, break it. That's the only thing that moves things forward."
    -Hans Zimmer

Hammock
    GE ; RR ; Vertex ; Tentsile
    Tarp
    HG Cubens W/ doors
    Insulation
    Yeti, Wookis, Lynx
    Suspension
    dyneema strap/ring
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by meierjo View Post
    I like a good 4 -5 day hike sticking to around 6 - 8 miles per day. Day 3 and day 4 seem to be my favorite - as I've adjusted to the environment and the memories of "civilization" have blurred. Hard to come back sometimes.
    That's exactly what I like also !

12-15 miles per day, depending terrain. Usually 4-5 days out, so I don't have to worry about food drops. If I'm doing a long hike, I take a day or two off then start again.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Key to enjoying getting out and about is having a dedicated physical fitness regimen. It really helps when it is time to hit the trail. Especially when you are an old dog and it helps your four footed companions, too.

Hammock
    diy hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY sil-argon
    Insulation
    HG TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    3 days two nights or an overnight are my typical trips. usually between 8 and 18 miles per day depending on the usual variables.
    I am planning 100 miles through Allegheny national forest sometime later this year. that trip I would like to be in the 20-25 MPD range. I'll be solo, so no room for excuses.
    I'd quote a certain book, but that is not allowed.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTrailDog View Post
    Key to enjoying getting out and about is having a dedicated physical fitness regimen. It really helps when it is time to hit the trail. Especially when you are an old dog and it helps your four footed companions, too.
    I just can't get back on track and I definitely feel it on the trail. Winded a lot quicker and sore legs. I just can't find the time to workout. Morning is now the only option, but I just can't get motivated at 5:30am, and that's "sore body" time anyway. I don't know how people get active so early with no food in their system...I need to wake up and ease into the day.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast