WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow20
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch system

Warbonnet XLC Zipper Mod??

Figured I'd ask here first............is it possible to have a WB XLC modified to have a zipper on each side, preferably meeting in the middle. I'm sure the shelf would be an issue. So, I don't know if it's possible.
    My reason for asking is that I find it difficult to adjust my UQ when I have the top cover on. I love the shelf! But, I may end up switching to a Dream Hammock for winter camping.
    Edit: after just watching the Spiguyver on the WB XLC (current version) I see the new version has this. I'm referring to the previous version.
    Last edited by Weasel88; 03-17-2018 at 21:31.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    You can pinch through the fabric to adjust the UQ or unzip the top and reach over. You can see in this video at 3:20
    Maybe that helps.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow20
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch system
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    You can pinch through the fabric to adjust the UQ or unzip the top and reach over. You can see in this video at 3:20
    Maybe that helps.
    Shug

Thanks for the info Shug. I've seen that video...and most of your others (big fan). That works great when I have the bugnet on, but not as well with the top cover. Of course, that could be due to having the UQ not adjusted correctly. I'll keep playing with my setup. But, I just thought that maybe a dual zipper mod might make it easier to adjust.
    I keep wanting to try a Dream Hammock Sparrow, too. I hear good things. So, that might happen this year.
    Thanks again, man!

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    I'm sorry, but we do not do any modifications to the Warbonnet hammocks.
    Donna
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow20
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch system
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    I'm sorry, but we do not do any modifications to the Warbonnet hammocks.
    Donna
    Thanks Donna. I appreciate you getting back to me so soon.
    Back to the drawing board for me.

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel88 View Post
    Thanks for the info Shug. I've seen that video...and most of your others (big fan). That works great when I have the bugnet on, but not as well with the top cover. Of course, that could be due to having the UQ not adjusted correctly. I'll keep playing with my setup. But, I just thought that maybe a dual zipper mod might make it easier to adjust.
    I keep wanting to try a Dream Hammock Sparrow, too. I hear good things. So, that might happen this year.
    Thanks again, man!
    I have been using a wooki with both a WBBB XLC old model and a DH Sparrow. I have not had a problem with adjusting the Wooki on either hammock. In the WBBB XLC I can usually make any adjustments from the enter side and rarely have found the need to reach over, but reaching over either the top cover or bugnet is easy enough.

On the Sparrow I added a small inner tube loop and carabiner to clip at the head end as well as the foot end. As with the XLC, I can typically make any UQ adjustments from the enter side. Very pleased with the Sparrow/Wooki combo.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I have been using BlackBirds for about 8 years now and find that the UQ's ( I mostly use 3/4 UQs ) want to shift to the shelf side of the BB and just out of my reach when I am in the hammock. I solved the problem by sewing a pack hook about 1 foot in from each end of the hammock on the entry side. I then place the main UQ suspension line thru the pack hook. If the UQ then shifts at night it does not shift very far and I can easily unzip and reach out and reposition the UQ with out having to get out of the hammock.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    I have been using BlackBirds for about 8 years now and find that the UQ's ( I mostly use 3/4 UQs ) want to shift to the shelf side of the BB and just out of my reach when I am in the hammock. I solved the problem by sewing a pack hook about 1 foot in from each end of the hammock on the entry side. I then place the main UQ suspension line thru the pack hook. If the UQ then shifts at night it does not shift very far and I can easily unzip and reach out and reposition the UQ with out having to get out of the hammock.
    A third pack hook at your shoulder and you'll probably be able to avoid repositioning completely.

• + New Posts