Thread: Organized!

Organized!

99442759-A847-4FA2-B92D-BF00B43ADDFD.jpg

I went through EVRYTHING and got it all organized! I’m ready to start planning the first multinight hike of the year!

Feels kinda good to get it all organized. Probably have a few things to throw on the for sale list, but its so hard to part with full “kits”. My first kit was a Eno OneLink setup with the pro fly and pro nest and a Eno Vulcan UQ. It’s all still in great shape, but never sees the light of day. Suppose I should just put it up for sale quick - like ripping off a bandage...

How does one part with gear?!? HA!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by meierjo View Post

I went through EVRYTHING and got it all organized! I’m ready to start planning the first multinight hike of the year!

Feels kinda good to get it all organized. Probably have a few things to throw on the for sale list, but its so hard to part with full “kits”. My first kit was a Eno OneLink setup with the pro fly and pro nest and a Eno Vulcan UQ. It’s all still in great shape, but never sees the light of day. Suppose I should just put it up for sale quick - like ripping off a bandage...

How ya' gonna get to that microwave?! :-)

Tough parting with gear. Give it to a Scout Troop.

Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Right on! Didn't think about giving it to someone who'll really enjoy a freebie! Thanks Shug!

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Looks to me like you are taking all the fun and surprise out of camping, and thus potentially eliminating all the learning opportunities. Also know as the OMG WTF, I forgot the ^&%%#^%$#@.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies

Nicely done! I think about all the places I have gear spread out - sheds, deck boxes, closets, tubs, the back of my truck... It's always an adventure just finding what I'm looking for to take a trip! Stellar job!

As far as parting with gear... I have no idea what you're talking about? Is that really a thing?

Thanks roogles... This whole effort got me thinking: maybe I should create a hiking packing app. Something where I can track all my gear (cost, specs, storage location etc), and do virtual packing to get estimates on weight. Also might be helpful when deciding to sell/give away something as I would have information about how many times it was actually used, when I bought it and for how much. Plus saved lists of gear used on each trip with notes on if item was actually used during a trip might help with the fear packing phenomenon!

I also need to practice my recent Swift programming knowledge on something real - I think the effort might be useful!

Well done! Getting rid of gear is always hard but better someone else get to use it than it collect dust. I need to organize all of mine like this!

Hammock
    ENO Double
    Thanks roogles... This whole effort got me thinking: maybe I should create a hiking packing app. Something where I can track all my gear (cost, specs, storage location etc), and do virtual packing to get estimates on weight. Also might be helpful when deciding to sell/give away something as I would have information about how many times it was actually used, when I bought it and for how much. Plus saved lists of gear used on each trip with notes on if item was actually used during a trip might help with the fear packing phenomenon!

I also need to practice my recent Swift programming knowledge on something real - I think the effort might be useful!
    I did this when I was planning JMT. I created an excel checklist with weight by ounce. It had if then statements that if I put a "1" or "2" next to an item, it would count total weight for me or my wife. From there, I could copy paste the list to Google keep to check off as I packed. The rest of the apps just took too long

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• + New Posts