Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    LLG Saver TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetles

Can't.....Wait....Any....Longer

I don't know if it's the change to daylight savings time, the extra soda I drank at 9:00p or the fact George let me know my Saver Habenero UQ that I ordered during his Not Black Friday Sale will be ready this week, but I feel like sleeping tonight is not an option.

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I completely understand !!!! I have a Chameleon Hammock on it's way. Tough to sleep.....the struggle is real. Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    LLG Saver TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetles
    I just discovered this addiction in early November. I ordered by hammock and tarp from Dutch, but haven't been able to hang without a quilt. Look out world, here I come! Lol. Happy Hangin'.

Quote Originally Posted by PlusOne View Post
    I don't know if it's the change to daylight savings time, the extra soda I drank at 9:00p or the fact George let me know my Saver Habenero UQ that I ordered during his Not Black Friday Sale will be ready this week, but I feel like sleeping tonight is not an option.
    I think the lead-time estimates are not correct then. Wasn't that 12 weeks right after the Black Friday sales? I think we are approaching the 15 or 16 week mark. Did you get an email with an ETA update?

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Minos View Post
    I think the lead-time estimates are not correct then. Wasn't that 12 weeks right after the Black Friday sales? I think we are approaching the 15 or 16 week mark. Did you get an email with an ETA update?
    I believe he did
    "or the fact George let me know my Saver Habenero UQ that I ordered during his Not Black Friday Sale will be ready this week"

These quilts are worth the wait. I really like George's work and his designs.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    LLG Saver TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetles
    Just to update: I'm picking up my quilt today after work. This will be the first time I get to hang my hammock in its entirety!! Boy, those seconds are ticking by awfully slow.

Quote Originally Posted by PlusOne View Post
    Just to update: I'm picking up my quilt today after work. This will be the first time I get to hang my hammock in its entirety!! Boy, those seconds are ticking by awfully slow.
    Woohoo! Pictures or it didn't happen

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I got my Chameleon today !!! Ordered, Saturday, here on Thursday !!!!
    Now, before I go further, this is my first "real" hammock....
    So I hung said hammock in my son's room,, (he has the ENO hook ups)...WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE compared to the Fox Outfitters double hammock that I have been using for the better part of a year....
    So much more room, so much more comfortable. Can't wait to get it in the woods!!!! Camping anyone? Hahahaha

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    I believe he did
    "or the fact George let me know my Saver Habenero UQ that I ordered during his Not Black Friday Sale will be ready this week"

These quilts are worth the wait. I really like George's work and his designs.
    Well lucky him then!
    I am sure these quilts are worth waiting for but I am a tad disappointed not to have been provided an updated ETA for my quilt. I understand emailing all customers could be tedious for a family business but the website could feature an update mentioning that LLG is running significantly late and by how much. Lead time was supposed to be 12 weeks. I am now entering the 16th week.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    LLG Saver TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetles
    Well, it's in my hands and I love it.

Yesterday after work I made a trip to LocoLibre to pick up my new Saver Series Habanero UQ. George met me at the door, and in short order he was showing me where the magic happens. I must say, I am in awe of what this man can accomplish in his niche of this cottage industry. As TrailSlug pointed out, these quilts are worth their wait.

When you get a moment to talk to George, which may not happen regularly because he is custom making quilts, you realize that EVERY quilt made is a custom order. Not only that, if the final product doesn't meet his own exacting standards, it gets redone. As customers, we pay good money for his products, and he is well aware of that. Defects I wouldn't have even noticed don't get past his scrutiny. George wants to be proud of each and every quilt that leaves his shop. The wait is worth it!

To address the wait time issue, I ordered my quilt shortly after attending my first group hang. I was still buzzing about the experience, took advantage of the sale and placed my order before the clock ran out. Then, after reading copious amounts of info here on HF, I realized I may have ordered my UQ too short. I wrestled with the idea of changing my order, then called George late in the game and he talked me through the changes I should make. That of course adjusted my delivery date. But as the old adage says: good things come to those who wait.

A side note about wait times in general: If you order a product you need for winter in the fall (like I did, and "several" other people) it's inevitably going to skew the wait time. When people see long wait times, or the season changes and we're not thinking about being cold, the wait times (and orders) go waaaay down. Order your quilts in spring through summer and you will probably wait a lot less.

And finally, here are a few initial pics. I'll try to hang up the complete kit this weekend. As always, HYOH.
    IMG_5726.JPGIMG_5724.JPGIMG_5725.JPG
    * and why is this first picture upside down?
    Thank you George and Loco Libre for a great quilt.
    Last edited by PlusOne; 03-16-2018 at 11:34.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast