Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Quest
    Insulation
    HQ Incub. 20
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Ok so this won't be the most accurate since I used the bathroom scale. I don't have a postage scale and I cant find my luggage scale at the moment. My weight came in at 12.2 pounds. That covered my pack, a 65 liter field and stream, my Chameleon with dyneema straps and beetle buckles, my ENO Ember 40* UQ, woobie blanket/sleeping bag liner/ridgeline organizer (the three of them are in the same stuff sack), my eight steel stakes, yes I could go lighter with titanium or by leaving out 2 of them i only need six, but since I don't want to come up short if i lose one somewhere..., but i'm not THAT gram conscious just yet, and my mess kit, minus the food and fuel of course. My hydration bladder was in the pack, just because i take it out when i get home, clean it, dry it, and put it back so it doesn't get misplaced.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    look on the bright side if they don't like it you can buy the stuff off them for a lower price
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    Quote Originally Posted by Vet2005 View Post
    Ok so this won't be the most accurate since I used the bathroom scale. I don't have a postage scale and I cant find my luggage scale at the moment. My weight came in at 12.2 pounds. That covered my pack, a 65 liter field and stream, my Chameleon with dyneema straps and beetle buckles, my ENO Ember 40* UQ, woobie blanket/sleeping bag liner/ridgeline organizer (the three of them are in the same stuff sack), my eight steel stakes, yes I could go lighter with titanium or by leaving out 2 of them i only need six, but since I don't want to come up short if i lose one somewhere..., but i'm not THAT gram conscious just yet, and my mess kit, minus the food and fuel of course. My hydration bladder was in the pack, just because i take it out when i get home, clean it, dry it, and put it back so it doesn't get misplaced.
    Cool. I'd bet your "base weight" (everything carried, and in your pack, except what you're wearing and consumables) is higher than you think, and you could actually go a lot lighter in future purchases if that's a goal of yours. Sounds like your "Big 3" (shelter, sleep system, pack) are below 10lb right now.

Be careful, you are one $15 Amazon digital scale purchase away from weighing everything you own, documenting it on LighterPack, then pulling up multiple loadouts to figure out how light and comfy you can go. It beats a heroin addiction, but not by much.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Quest
    Insulation
    HQ Incub. 20
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    It used to be a whole lot higher believe me lol. The wife already shakes her head when I say if I buy X pack I can cut two pounds from my weight. Especially when said pack is $200 lol. I have to save whatever money is left drom.my allowance at the end of the week to buy gear. Gotta give myself an allowance so I don't spend too much on junk during the week. Gotta keep the bills paid and all.

Hammock
    Marnoc Manatoc Hammock
    Tarp
    Marnoc Mark 1
    Insulation
    Snugpak/Marnoc
    Suspension
    PYS Tree Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfed View Post
    I blame Shug, he is a bad influence
    Agreed
    "For these things your heart shall yearn
    for these things your soul shall burn
    and in the end my friend you too shall learn
    that to these things you must return"

Hammock
    DH Darien / WBBB
    Tarp
    HEX Asym / Minifly
    Insulation
    HG Econ 40
    Suspension
    Beetle/ Cinch
    Images
    I also blame Dutch, his website is a bad influence too.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY silpoly 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY down TQ, WL UQ
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Is this bad influence, or actually good influence?

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Quest
    Insulation
    HQ Incub. 20
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Well the guy who went straight for Dutch's gear rather than the cheap stuff just bought my spare pack off me. I had one for when I went alone and one for when I'd go with the dog. His gear takes up more pace than mine does lol. So I decided since the dog ususally goes with me to just get rid of the other pack. $50 closer to newer gear!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    My coworkers think I'm an idiot for going out into the woods and staying by myself. Oh well that leaves more trails for me

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB SF and WL TP
    Insulation
    UGQ & HG
    Suspension
    multiple
    Images
    As someone mentioned already, I don't think that leading someone to this lifestyle is considered a bad influence at all. Let's just hope their spouses (if applicable) don't freak out over all the purchases made and the ones that are destined to come.

On another note, I'm kind of glad that I haven't really had that sort of influence on anyone where I'm at. I've caused some people to fall in love with backpacking, but not hammocks one bit. Most everyone I talk to about hammocks here thinks I'm a nut job or simply an idiot for camping in a hammock. They don't want any part of that, and that's quite alright with me. That's less people that I have to negotiate with over the prime hanging spots at the campsites we occupy together.
    Scarecrow on Instagram

"If somebody tells you there's a rule, break it. That's the only thing that moves things forward."
    -Hans Zimmer

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast