multi layer hammock ?

I often sit around thinking about a way to improve this or that, I come up with what I think is a good idea, only to find that it's actually only new to me! With that said I was thinking(warning !) about adding multiple layers to a hammock to provide greater support in some areas, and less in others, to increase comfort. What I was thinking of was not a traditional double layer hammock, but imagine if you had a fairly stretchy fabric and took another piece about as long as your torso and sewed it to the existing hammock, but only on the side seams. You could take another shorter section and sew that layer under your rear end area. Again, sewn only on the outside seams, so you don't rip your hammock like a postage stamp. My thinking with this is you sew them on from the bottom so you won't feel the edge, your heels would have enough stretch to maintain comfort, and the extra material would support your torso and butt better which "may" be more comfortable. You could even use the stretchy fabric for the main body with more ridged fabric to support where you need it the most.

I'll attach a simplistic drawing with the different colors being the separate layers.

I'm sure it's been thought about and deemed NOT a good idea.

Anyway, what do you guys/ladies think?

Thanks Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Clarke Vertex with Z liners, Hammeck Envy S with Incubator 20*
    Custom Dutch Hammock 12' x 6' Double Hyper D ! My current daily sleep system !
    Custom SLD Tree Runner Double Hexon 12' x 6' Loco Libre 20* set
    SLD Tree Runner 12'

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY silpoly 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY down TQ, WL UQ
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Only one way to find out! My fear would be that the head and foot part of the layers are unsecured, and the edges may roll, or do something weird. The forces on a hammock are also complex, so... I don’t know!

Hammock
    DIY ROBIC 1.2 double layer
    Tarp
    Kelty's Noah 12
    Insulation
    DIY bottom quilt
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    What are you hoping to achieve that you aren't getting with your current setup? I'm by no means an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I have a DIY double layer 11.5' hammock with knotty mod at the foot end that I made from Robic 1.2. When I have it set with the right amount of sag, and I lay in it diagonally, I can't think of anything I could do to make it any more comfortable. I have struggled with chronic low back pain and tightness for years, and I wake up with zero aches and pains when I sleep in my hammock.
    Just your average kayak-paddlin', fish-stalkin', gun-totin', hammock-hangin' Critical Care Paramedic

• + New Posts