WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20° Wookie
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle

Underquilt protector

So I have an XLC uqp, I took it out camping and don't like losing my footbox having to zip it to my bug net. I have contacted 2qzq and am going to have them modify it so that it snugs up without using the zippers. I thought I would inquire here before I send it off, to see if anyone has had this issue or if I am doing something wrong.

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

Hammock
    diy, wb xlc
    Tarp
    waterproof
    Insulation
    warm
    Suspension
    nacrawhoopie
    Images
    I think that's the tradeoff with being able to zip the UQP to your net/cover, which creates a sock your hammock hangs within. Not having seen the WB UQP I'm not sure how it is suspended when it's not zipped to the net/cover though, I presume it preserves the footbox. Does that work out for you?

If you don't think you'll ever use it in sock mode, rather than paying to modify the WB UQP you may also opt to sell it and just get a plain shockcord UQP. All in it would be cheaper and I believe lighter as well.
    It is a very alert, active sheep, with a stylish, lively carriage.

Flickr
    YouTube
    I use a Juki & Pfaffs w/ assorted attachments, and have serviced lots of vintage machines. Any questions?

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20° Wookie
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcheviot View Post
    I think that's the tradeoff with being able to zip the UQP to your net/cover, which creates a sock your hammock hangs within. Not having seen the WB UQP I'm not sure how it is suspended when it's not zipped to the net/cover though, I presume it preserves the footbox. Does that work out for you?

If you don't think you'll ever use it in sock mode, rather than paying to modify the WB UQP you may also opt to sell it and just get a plain shockcord UQP. All in it would be cheaper and I believe lighter as well.
    If it is not zipped on it hangs too loose to do any good. It has grogain ties on each end. I thought about just buying another from 2qzq and returning the warbonnet one, but I like the Bushwack camo and want to keep it matching, I know it's kinda anal!

Hammock
    WB: BB, BBXLC, RR
    Tarp
    WB: ALL
    Insulation
    WB-UQ / HG-TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I haven’t tried it exactly as you did, but last Tuesday, Feb 20th, I used mine zipped to the Winter Top Cover. That way, the two sock components being used together as a “sock”. Per Warbonnet / Brandon’s direction, when use in this manner, the XLC hammock body just hangs loose inside the winter sock configuration. For me, at temps down to 10’ F, it was awesome! The “footbox” is still very much there and works very well. If it makes sense, I just had to trust in the design...sure enough, it worked very well.
    Not sure if this helps you, but used in the sock configuration, the UQP is really a great design.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Insulation
    WB-UQ / HG-TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Forgot to add...
    One step prior to using the UQP, the Winter Top Cover replaced the mesh bug net, zipping directly on to the XLC. This also works very well, perhaps when it’s not quite cold enough for the UQP or when there’s less wind.
    For our Feb 20th trip, my buds and I knew we were heading into some cold, so I just went straight to full “sock” mode with both components.

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC & Darien
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WayHigh View Post
    Forgot to add...
    One step prior to using the UQP, the Winter Top Cover replaced the mesh bug net, zipping directly on to the XLC. This also works very well, perhaps when it’s not quite cold enough for the UQP or when there’s less wind.
    For our Feb 20th trip, my buds and I knew we were heading into some cold, so I just went straight to full “sock” mode with both components.
    When in sock mode, is the shelf still there. I recently got the setup but have not tried the under quilt protector yet?

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by kac1269 View Post
    If it is not zipped on it hangs too loose to do any good. It has grogain ties on each end. I thought about just buying another from 2qzq and returning the warbonnet one, but I like the Bushwack camo and want to keep it matching, I know it's kinda anal!

Like you, I’m not real sure I want my XLC floating loose inside with the UQP zipped to the top cover. I worry about losing my covers, pillow, etc over the side. I like the top zipped to the hammock body. So what I’ve been doing this winter is leaving my bug net zipped onto my XLC and zipping the UQP to the winter top cover. Makes for two sets of zippers to have to open to get in and out, but preserves the footbox and keeps the sides closed so I’m not losing things under the hammock body down into the UQP. Not sure what I’ll do when it gets warmer out. Might be stuck having try the hammock in the configuration it was actually designed to be used it—LOL!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20° Wookie
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by falingsky View Post
    When in sock mode, is the shelf still there. I recently got the setup but have not tried the under quilt protector yet?
    Yes it still has the shelf it is integrated in the top cover or bug net

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by falingsky View Post

Yes. When you zip the top cover to the UQP, the resulting “sock” has the same shelf your XLC would if the top were zipped onto the hammock instead of onto the UQP. The XLC hangs loose in the UQP/top cover “sock”, Traveler style.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Insulation
    WB-UQ / HG-TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Yep, I’ll 3rd that; the infamous shelf is there and fully functional.
    An additional note, using the “sock” configuration. The 20’ Wooki works perfectly as well. Attached as per the instructions, with the loose hanging XLC inside the “sock”, the Wooki attaches and sits there as it should. Even has the ribbon tie on the right side too. Love this stuff!
    But, as Dublinlin said, with the loose hanging XLC, care must be taken.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast