Winter top cover suggestions please...

Newbie hanger looking for advice...my set up is a Dutch chameleon. I ordered a HG tarp w doors along with HG 20*burrow and incubator for my colder weather system. Most trips will be in south east from oct to April. I’m debating on ordering a Dutch top cover but noticed he added another to the mix....I’m trying to decide which makes most sense for me and the pup...yea I plan to hang or at least try it with the 20lb jack Russell. The newer top covers are lil more weight and $$.

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    The biggest consideration is that the new one permits both left and right lay without flipping the cover.

I'm happy with the asymmetrical one, which can be reversed easily enough if somebody wants to test drive it.

Looks as if the "ambi" covers are getting popular, though, because DH is now offering them, and maybe others.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    DH Sparrow or DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben Fiber Palace
    Insulation
    EE, LL, + UGQ down
    Suspension
    Kevlar w/ BH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    Newbie hanger looking for advice...my set up is a Dutch chameleon. I ordered a HG tarp w doors along with HG 20*burrow and incubator for my colder weather system. Most trips will be in south east from oct to April. I’m debating on ordering a Dutch top cover but noticed he added another to the mix....I’m trying to decide which makes most sense for me and the pup...yea I plan to hang or at least try it with the 20lb jack Russell. The newer top covers are lil more weight and $$.
    I'm sure the original one would be fine for you. I know some people have condensation freezing when getting sub 15*F, but in the south east you are probably above that and a top cover could add some significant warmth. The one with the integrated sidecar looks awesome though. I like having a spot to put things.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• + New Posts