Dream Hammock Sparrow 1.7 #5273
    Tarp
    HG Cuben+doors
    Insulation
    Loco Libre TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    Dyneema straps
    Quote Originally Posted by fsupaintball View Post
    If it's not too late... don't go "wide as possible" - instead do something around 62-64" wide. That's what the owner suggests to many people. I kind of wish "as wide as possible" wasn't the default option on their page because it's a little misleading and might make you think it's the best option.
    Agreed. I spent a lot of time wondering about the proper width. I'm really glad I emailed them about it. Now the hammock doesn't have any extra fabric that flops around or gets in my face and I haven't felt the need to use the tie outs yet.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    The width is pretty much personal preference and you can choose widths anywhere from 55" to 74" depending on what you feel might be comfortable for you. There simply is no width that is guaranteed to suit every person, but this is a rough idea of where to start.

We provide a little more information here on this page. https://www.dreamhammock.com/choosing.html#!#Width

A good starting point...
    5ft 7in or shorter? - consider a 10ft hammock in a 60" wide fabric.
    5ft 8in to 6ft tall? - either an 11ft x 58-60" or a 10ft with a few extra inches of width
    Well over 6ft tall? - go with an 11ft and consider using a wider fabric for more room.

Too narrow? = impossible to get a good diagonal lay causing loss of comfort.
    Too wide? = unused floppy fabric on the sides sagging down against you and/or insect netting too loose.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by fsupaintball View Post
    If it's not too late... don't go "wide as possible" - instead do something around 62-64" wide.
    One of our most popular fabrics (with good reason) is the 1.6oz HyperD, which starts at 60" wide. By the time we trim, roll hem, and attach zippers we loose right around 2" from this width. This gives us a final width of 58", which is a great laying hammock at 11ft long for many people. Obviously a final width of 62-64" would be impossible. In the case of these "regular width" fabrics, I normally recommend we go wide as possible. It is not until we consider the wider fabrics that one could consider making it narrower.
    Last edited by PapaSmurf; 02-27-2018 at 11:24.

Hammock
    Dream hammock Raven
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    HG incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    Everything is all set. Thanks papasmurf.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    One of our most popular fabrics (with good reason) is the 1.6oz HyperD, which starts at 60" wide. By the time we trim, roll hem, and attach zippers we loose right around 2" from this width. This gives us a final width of 58", which is a great laying hammock at 11ft long for many people. Obviously a final width of 62-64" would be impossible. In the case of these "regular width" fabrics, I normally recommend we go wide as possible. It is not until we consider the wider fabrics that one could consider making it narrower.
    Cool, thanks for the explanation. I sent you an email about it earlier... maybe a good solution would to have a link to that Width choosing explanation right beside the selector? We all love that you're incredibly helpful about all of this but I have to imagine it would cut down on the questions you'd get, and make it easier for customers to understand while ordering.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123