Dutch Half Zip
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG 40degree quilts
    Suspension
    whoppie slings

10+ years with the Claytor JH

Just a quick note on my Claytor JH. It has been my go to hammock since 2007 and I am retiring it this year as my go to backpacking hammock. I will say though that the Claytor Hammock is a great setup to get started on. In 10 years of backpacking with it it has served me quite well and has been incredibly durable. It is still in great shape and I am sure it will get used again but wanted to just put my 2 cents in that if you want to get started the hammock and tarp combo is still a deal you should consider and can buy with confidence.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
    John Muir

“I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.”
    John Muir

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosef View Post
    Just a quick note on my Claytor JH. It has been my go to hammock since 2007 and I am retiring it this year as my go to backpacking hammock. I will say though that the Claytor Hammock is a great setup to get started on. In 10 years of backpacking with it it has served me quite well and has been incredibly durable. It is still in great shape and I am sure it will get used again but wanted to just put my 2 cents in that if you want to get started the hammock and tarp combo is still a deal you should consider and can buy with confidence.
    Hey Yosef,
    I know what you are talking about, man! I an still using- as one of my main go to hammocks- a Claytor No Net I got in more or less as the same time as you, back around early 08 not sure exactly. I have a bunch hammocks, and sometimes prefer 1 over another for various pros and cons, but none of my hammocks have been used more than that Claytor No Net, especially when I still had my Speer PeaPod. Those worked extremely well together and usually ended up being my choice for m longer backpacking trips of a week or so. Sadly, the PeaPod is gone but the Claytor- the same one- still sees frequent use. ( I also had a CJH, and really liked it also, but didn't keep it long since I already had 3 other netted hammocks and I felt lie I was getting a bit carried away at the time.

• + New Posts