11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps

WI >Lovers Leap @ Lapham Peak > Delafield > Feb. 16-18, 2018 > Trip Report

Link to the original trip thread: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...Feb-16-18-2018

Link to the trip website: https://karlawithak.wixsite.com/laphampeak

Direct link to the Google Photo shared folder: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UaNS3smVMbzDx8IZ2
    ================================================== ===========

Since this event was announced on HF, CampingForums, HH, on six different meetup groups and eight different FaceBook groups, Host Karla "with a k" decided to try using a central website rather than have information spread across the multiple social media sites and discussion forums.

Why the name Lovers Leap @ Lapham Peak? (No, there is no actual Lovers Leap lookout at the park. There is a very cool tower though.
    #1 - Karla just thought it was a fun name combining camping and the time around Valentine's Day
    #2 - and it rhymes and it kinda leaves you tongue-tied
    #3 - plus, it was super fun to design a website with everything in shades of pink

Besides myself, we had three HF members and one Facebook member attend. Two Meetup people decided this event might be a bit too much for them and backed out within the last week.

While is site is approved for 10 people, given the size of the firepit and where the large logs to sit on are placed, we found 5 a great and perfect number for sitting around the campfire.

Friday's low was 11 degrees. Saturday high was 30 and low was 13. There was snowfall on Saturday afternoon - less than an inch. The trails were VERY icy and VERY choppy. Those wearing microspikes navigated the best.

For those who attended - please add on to this start of a trip report.....

◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Hammock
    HH UExpl; WBBB; JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    CCS; HH Hex; WB Su
    Insulation
    MW-3, Sierra Sniv
    Suspension
    Woopie, Dutch Clip
    You planned another good one Karla!
    Lot's of good company around the fire, and plenty of delicious food.
    You even did a dutch oven cake!
    The campsite seemed so remote even though it was only a few miles from the interstate.
    And the wild animals...
    Last edited by canoeski; 02-20-2018 at 02:43.
    Not all who wander are lost.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Yes, I totally agree. We had a good bunch of people and great food = good times

IMG_2844.jpg

Our site upon arrival on Friday afternoon. I busted my butt twice on the way down from the parking lot. It was pretty icy and Settworthy and I somehow went the wrong way, which ended up being a good thing, since the "wrong" way was much easier to navigate with the sleds.

IMG_2846.jpg

It happened to be Canoeskis B-Day, so Karla surprised him (and us) with a dutch oven cherry cheesecake, which turned out really well.

IMG_2854.jpg

After a late night sitting around the fire we all slept in the next morning and then it was Settworthys time to shine. He whipped up some cheese pierogis with bacon, which we had for brunch and they definitely hit the spot!

IMG_2856.jpg

We got some light snow in the afternoon and here's a picture of my rig. Luckily the snow stopped after a few hours, so I didn't have to pitch a tarp.

IMG_2858.jpg

Settworthy also had us covered for dinner that day. Here's his Jalapeno cornbread casserole with sour cream and he also had some Moscow mules in store for us that night. This guy knows how to do it up!

IMG_2862.jpg

Here's Canoeski on Sunday morning by the fire. He got his wood stove going, so we had hot water for beverages first thing in the morning.

IMG_2863.jpg

This is Settworthy still in his hammock. We either forgot to wake him up that morning or he was listening to his trance music. It was one or the other...

Thanks Karla for all the planning and for making this event happen!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Great report Andy (aka German Fire Dragon)!

I'm going to steal a couple of your photos to complete my Facebook post. I'm hoping Canoeski got a picture of the dump cake. I totally forgot to take a pic, I just enjoyed eating it. Oh, we should have gotten a picture of Canoeski blowing out his birthday candle! Oh well, we knew it happened. #pinkcandle
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    I'm looking at the upcoming weather for Delafield and we *might* have camped with the coldest weather until next winter!

And check this out.... A cougar was spotted in Brookfield (about 15 minutes to the East - closer to Milwaukee!) on the Saturday we were camping! Cougar sighting in Brookfield/

• + New Posts