Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images

Liteskin and X-Pac fabric now available at dutchwaregear.com

We introduced 300D pack material a few years ago and now we are expanding our backpack material to include Dyneema 210D, X-Pac and Liteskin. They are all incredible strong and abrasive resistant along with waterproof. If you want to make a DIY backpack, we are looking to have all the materials and components in a one stop shop. You will find we carry the 3-D mesh, all kinds of straps and an incredible assortment of unique hardware. We are trying to bring the kind of materials that were previously only available to some of best cottage pack manufactures to the DIY crowd. So let's get into it.

Dyneema 210D- My favorite pack manufacture uses this material almost exclusively. It is made form high density polyethylene with diamond ripstop. I thru hiked with a pack made from this fabric and that pack is still going strong after over 3000 trail miles so I can fully say I have personally tested this material. It has dyneema ripstop in it and you will know it when you cut it. When I cut it with scissors, the regular fabric will cut but the dyneema strands will remain intact. It comes in Black and Blue and we had this for a couple months but it has been a busy couple of months. Sold by the half yard for $11 per.
    https://dutchwaregear.com/product/210d-pack-material/
    210d_pack_material.jpg

X-Pac VX07- I have wanted to carry this for quite some time. It is a super tough pack material that has a huge X grid ripstop on it. I can't imagine what would be able to destroy this fabric as it is really tough. It is excellent for backpacks and reinforcements. It is waterproof up to 200+ PSI and is sold in 1/2 yard increments for $8.75 so you don't have to buy more than you need. It is available in Black, Red, and White.
    https://dutchwaregear.com/product/x-pac-vx07-yard/
    X-pac.jpg

Litesmith LS07- This is one of the newer pack materials that are available on the market. It is a great light weight option for packs and reinforcements. It is waterproof up to 160 PSI and it sold in 1/2 yard increments for just $9.25. This will be my next DIY pack material and it is pliable, yet somehow they keep it rigid. It is available in Black Heather.
    https://dutchwaregear.com/product/liteskin-ls07-yard/
    IMG_7063-e1518467478761.jpg

This summer get out here with a new DIY pack that you can be proud of. You will be able to custom make your pack to fit you and our backpacking style.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    X-Pac is an exciting addition!

OOC, will you be carrying X-Pac X33 (330D) in... (Wait for it...) Multicam?

Last edited by kitsapcowboy; 02-13-2018 at 13:01.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    X-Pac is an exciting addition!

OOC, will you be carrying X-Pac X33 (330D) in... (Wait for it...) Multicam?

I need your budget for DIY.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I need your budget for DIY.
    LOL So do I...

Fantastic news! I recently used VX21 + Dyneema 210D on a daypack for my wife and I love it. I just started a new project with X21 RC and had looked at the Liteskin, but didn't know enough about it to try it. I'm looking forward to hearing your experiences with it.

Are you planning on expanding into any of the heavier X-Pacs (VX21 or XC21) or the 210D Liteskin? I was really impressed with your plastic hardware expansion and ordered some for my current project. I was still missing 3/4" ladder locks, 3/4" & 1" tri-glides, and 3/4" & 1" nylon webbing, may have missed it on your site. Also #3 Uretek zipper by the yard as I typically use my scrap pack material to make a shoulder or hip pouch or two.

Lastly, you have so many doodads that I'm dying to use, I just don't know what they do? Maybe commission a "demo pack" to show how some could be incorporated? I've been thinking about how to secure my hiking poles to my pack in a nifty way. The cord lock hooks, pack hooks, mini combo hook all look interesting, I'm just at a lack for imagination.
    Caminante, son tus huellas el camino y nada más... - Antonio Machado

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps w/Cinch bkl
    Images
    So, I have made several tarps and hammocks, but never a pack. Thinking I might want to tackle one. Where could I find some good patterns?
    "I will study and get ready, and perhaps my chance will come." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by aboyd View Post
    So, I have made several tarps and hammocks, but never a pack. Thinking I might want to tackle one. Where could I find some good patterns?
    For the most part, you have to make your own. That's not a bad thing with a pack where the biggest advantage to buying off-the-shelf is your ability to customize. A lot of people use the G4 for inspiration, which I think is still available as a pattern, and of course studying packs that you admire to see what features you might want to incorporate. It's mostly an exercise in planning and designing a suspension that actually does something (unless you go frameless). Also, figuring out where to put seams so that you can attach pockets, straps, belt sleeves, etc.

I did a write-up on a 55L that I built in the "premium" section of the site, but I've let my membership lapse and can't point you to it.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by aboyd View Post
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ck-Build-along

https://diygearsupply.com/diy-guides/backpack/

Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    Muchisimas gracias, K!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps w/Cinch bkl
    Images
    Thanks for the quick response. I like my ULA Circuit fine, but was thinking something a little smaller for summer trips. And, might be a fun project.
    "I will study and get ready, and perhaps my chance will come." - Abraham Lincoln

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast