Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvmyBonnet View Post
    That sounds amazing Newdell! Not sure how much help I'll be as I'm going back under the knife on March 20th. Keeping my fingers crossed as the fix could add portaging and hiking to my life.
    Holy smokes - good luck! May you have the best possible result with all of the corresponding renewed ability!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HH Exped w DIY ZipMod & WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY 12' BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Whet Newdell View Post
    April 28-May 1
    This is a ‘get there, haul crap over’ odyssey. Not glorious but necessary. The roads will be solid by then and the bugs not yet out.
    Next, is the yurt raising week:
    6 June to 12 June (weekend is 9/10).
    So let's fix the "Yurt Hauling Crap Labour Camp" hang for April 28 - April 30 (Sat-Mon) with the option of extending to May 1st (Tuesday). People can opt for a 1, 2 or 3 night hang I suppose. Need I remind you that your dates fall upon the holy "opener" weekend and there won't be a trout for miles!

Yurt 'Hauling Crap' Labour Camp (April 28-30)

• ​Date TBD: One of our own could use a hand moving building materials to a backwoods cottage site. Muscle and sweat to be balanced with meat and beer. The more hands we have the faster we'll be done. If hauling's not your speed, then camp cooks are welcome.

Yurt Raising Labour Camp (June 8-10)

• ​Date TBD: One of our own could use a hand moving building materials to a backwoods cottage site. Muscle and sweat to be balanced with meat and beer. The more hands we have the faster we'll be done. If hauling's not your speed, then camp cooks are welcome.

If you want/need more guys on the 8/9/10 of June for the actual Yurt raising, just give the word.

Hope those dates work for everyone. The more the merrier.

LuvmyBonnet: Good luck in March and remember not to fidget on the operating table. Tell them that if they don't fix you up right, they have to carry your gear across the portages!
    Survival is about getting out alive, Bushcraft is about going in to live - Chard (aka Forest-Hobo)

Upcoming EGL Hangs:
    tbd. For EGL notifications, subscribe to the EGL Hang Notification Thread
    EGL Trip Reports:
    The Collection Follow me on Instagram

Canada->Ontario->EGL->2018 Canoeing Season

I hope not to disappoint on the Trout.... have only ever seen bass in the lake and the season for them is.... I forget but pretty late (seguin township) however about 1 km West there is another lake with who knows what in it

Anyone wanting to look up the lake.... look hwy 400 between Mactier and parry sound. Where Lawson bay road intersects, look west 2kms for burnt lake.

Hammock
    LSOH Warrior Edge
    Tarp
    DIY Xyl
    Suspension
    Cinch / webbing
    I will check my schedule at work and home....this has all the soundings of epic stories for generations...
    Niagara

I will need to share some documents. Can I do that here or would it be better to start collecting some emails? Some details on how to find your way in, parking, and how to communicate to get across the water if all the boats have been taken before you... things like that. Names and cell numbers etc... (full cell coverage there)

Hammock
    LSOH Warrior Edge
    Tarp
    DIY Xyl
    Suspension
    Cinch / webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Whet Newdell View Post
    I will need to share some documents. Can I do that here or would it be better to start collecting some emails? Some details on how to find your way in, parking, and how to communicate to get across the water if all the boats have been taken before you... things like that. Names and cell numbers etc... (full cell coverage there)

I believe some type of code-talking may be best...?? lol. (Others would have more experience with what works best - I will just follow.)
    by the way - we haven't met, but thank you for opening up the opportunity to folks with an interest to help participate in your quest. (btw..for June I think I read somewhere there is air conditioning?)
    Niagara

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Work wise with regards to the Spring trip, I was able to clear both the weekends of the 11-13 and 18-20 for the Marshmallow meet up depending on when the weeklong trip starts. Now I just have to work the family...
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    ugq Fjack and zep
    Suspension
    Webbing n buckles
    If you guys are ok with a new face joining in on the yurt festivities, I'm really keen to pitch in and learn a few things at the same time.

Unlike 2017, this year it looks like I might be able to make a few of the outting dates in 2018!

Both work and family schedules line up, and it looks like I'll be able to help out with both hauling and raising weekends.

Able-bodied and generally handy with my hands... I've got a pair of kayaks if needed, some hand tools/spare gear I can bring, and can be pressed into camp cooking/fire tending/beer nursing.

Looking forward to this!
    Moose

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HH Exped w DIY ZipMod & WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY 12' BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Work wise with regards to the Spring trip, I was able to clear both the weekends of the 11-13 and 18-20 for the Marshmallow meet up depending on when the weeklong trip starts. Now I just have to work the family...
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreenMoose View Post
    If you guys are ok with a new face joining in on the yurt festivities, I'm really keen to pitch in and learn a few things at the same time.
    Unlike 2017, this year it looks like I might be able to make a few of the outting dates in 2018!
    Both work and family schedules line up, and it looks like I'll be able to help out with both hauling and raising weekends.
    Able-bodied and generally handy with my hands... I've got a pair of kayaks if needed, some hand tools/spare gear I can bring, and can be pressed into camp cooking/fire tending/beer nursing.
    Looking forward to this!
    Moose
    Old faces and new. Good to hear you guys can come out.
    Survival is about getting out alive, Bushcraft is about going in to live - Chard (aka Forest-Hobo)

Upcoming EGL Hangs:
    tbd. For EGL notifications, subscribe to the EGL Hang Notification Thread
    EGL Trip Reports:
    The Collection Follow me on Instagram

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast