DIY ROBIC 1.2 double layer
    Tarp
    Kelty's Noah 12
    Insulation
    DIY bottom quilt
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrico View Post
    Just out of curiosity? did you access the site through a bookmark that you made right after they open the new site? The first time I tried to order something after the new site launched I did so through a bookmark I had made right after the new site was made, the shipping charges were way more than they should be. I contacted them, they reviewed the invoice reentered it on their end and said they had no problem with the shipping charges. I then made a new bookmark several months after the new site launch and have not had the problem since. Their crew is well aware of the problems and have been trying to fix it but apparently it's pretty random and hard for them to nail down. Dutch has incredibly good customer service, the best I've ever experienced. If anybody has any problem with any of his products or service all they need to do is contact them and they will go out of their way to make it right, that's how Dutch ware has gotten the reputation. I mean how many other retailers do you know that follow fourms looking for people complaining about their gear or shipping prices and respond within a couple days with a solution?
    No, I accessed the site for the first time from a new tablet that I just purchased last month, so I don't think that's the issue. I've emailed Dutch as he requested. I'm sure he'll take care of it.
    Just your average kayak-paddlin', fish-stalkin', gun-totin', hammock-hangin' Critical Care Paramedic

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    Well, there goes that theory :<)
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    We have been able to identify the problem. A couple of our products has dimensions in them. That normally wouldn't be a problem but imagine you are a programmer and you are making a product called 11 foot sock. They thought it was an 11 foot product. So they had the dimensions as 11 foot long and that severely effected the estimated shipping cost. All those should be changed and the estimated shipping charges should reflect the true cost form USPS.

I don't think the OP was criticizing and was more making light of the $900 Fed Ex cost. I thank everyone for being quick to point out the customer service we give. We can now all go back to enjoying Shug's antics and kicking back in our hammocks enjoying the piney woods
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Another example of why you sign the shipping orders I get in each package "Thanks, Peace, Dutch".

Ken in NC
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Kelty's Noah 12
    Insulation
    DIY bottom quilt
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I don't think the OP was criticizing and was more making light of the $900 Fed Ex cost.
    This was precisely the point of my post. Thank you for recognizing and pointing that out. While I have only been a member here a few short months, I am a repeat customer who has spent several hundred dollars in that short period between you and RSBTR supplying my new DIY hobby. This post was made solely for the purpose of poking fun at the obvious glitch with the Fed Ex shipping rate. Hopefully this clears up any misconceptions other members may have had regarding my intentions.

I would also like to thank you for your quick response to both this thread, as well as my email, and for quickly correcting the mistakenly overpriced USPS shipping I was charged. Top notch customer service.
    Just your average kayak-paddlin', fish-stalkin', gun-totin', hammock-hangin' Critical Care Paramedic

Hammock
    pick one
    Tarp
    large, Mia palace
    Insulation
    anything warm
    Suspension
    tree or poles
    FedEx overnight just had a laugh I know Dutch is working on the issue.

Cart totals

Subtotal $48.00
    Shipping
    • First-Class Mail®: $4.25
    • Priority Mail®: $8.95
    • FedEx Ground Home Delivery: $350.53
    • FedEx Standard Overnight: $1,813.14

Calculate shipping
    Total $1,861.14

Hammock
    Tarp
    Kelty's Noah 12
    Insulation
    DIY bottom quilt
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    At least the USPS rates have been corrected.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234