Hi all!
So I have been brainstorming recently about some DIY ideas and I think quite possibly one of those bolts of lightning may have fried my brain.

Has anyone on here ever used one of those wall panels for a pop up canopy as a tarp before? We have some around here that are for a canopy that the wind destroyed the frame of when we made the mistake of not staking it to the ground and leaving it out overnight. Anyway with the wheels churning I thought to myself "I wonder if I could turn those into a tarp..." This also led to looking up the ones that Wallyworld sells that are 12'x12' and behold they are CHEAP (I'm sure for good reason) I'm talking like $15 cheap. The specs say that it's made of "heavy duty 150D Polyester"

Is this even worth trying as an experiment? I have to admit that if it's possible for it to work, I'm tempted to get a couple and try it out, I don't have much along the lines of money to be able to buy gear or the supplies to make gear (not to mention time). If it gets me and/or the fam out in the woods camping faster and more often I'm game for that! I only got to camp twice last year and it's been maddening! Anyway, any knowledge that people have on the subject would be helpful.

I know that this isn't really something that could be used as a long term solution for tarps, but I thought that they could be something to use until we're able to make the investment in better quality tarps/materials/etc. and then maybe keep around as something to loan out to people who are curious, or to take car camping for some extra shade, or even to let the kids "play" with.

Thanks guys!