Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierT View Post
    According to a post on their FB page, RSBTR is working on a 5D. I WILL have that on the inside of a quilt if it comes to market.
    Wow! ..... Not sure I want to be the first kid on the block to try that one out!

Of course, the same thing was said about 10D not all that long ago.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    If you remained warm, yep, no big deal.

If really pushing the temperature rating, however, you will likely begin to feel the cold if the head and foot draft tubes are not properly positioned, or if the head and/or foot (especially foot, in my experience) bungee draw cords are not just right.

I've got a bunch of stuff (jackets, quilts, etc) made with 10D and with reasonable care it is plenny-nuff durable for our purposes.

And I drool at the prospect of a 950FP quilt made with 7D!
    EE is offering all of their quilts in 7D now. I think they only have 3 color options at this point, but it will cut an ounce or so off of your quilt. I'm in the same camp as you though, 10D is plenty durable, and anything that will rip 7D will rip 10D.

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Good timing, yesterday I ordered a 30deg Enigma in 7D, reg/reg/ 950fp. Listed as 13.92 oz and usually they're pretty close. I got the darker blue outer and the salmon pink-y-orange-y inner.

They're saying the ship date is 1-2 weeks and I'm hoping to have it by April 3 for a trip... no worries if it doesn't make it in time but maybe it will.
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    Good timing, yesterday I ordered a 30deg Enigma in 7D, reg/reg/ 950fp. Listed as 13.92 oz and usually they're pretty close. I got the darker blue outer and the salmon pink-y-orange-y inner.

They're saying the ship date is 1-2 weeks and I'm hoping to have it by April 3 for a trip... no worries if it doesn't make it in time but maybe it will.
    Oh man I know that thing cost a pretty penny! Make sure you post some pictures of the trip with it so we can all see the new fabric!

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Papasmokes View Post
    Oh man I know that thing cost a pretty penny! Make sure you post some pictures of the trip with it so we can all see the new fabric!
    I have not received it yet. However the cost came out to $15 more than one made with 10D, $365 vs $350. Maybe the material is more expensive, or maybe it's harder to work with.

Not cheap, but still $30 less than a 30deg Katabatic Palisade, and I much prefer the more generous leg/footbox space that the Enigma offers.

I've read the comments concerning EE's perhaps overly-optimistic temperature ratings but I have not had a problem with them.... 40deg Apex Rev, 50 down Rev, 20 Enigma, plus 20 and 40 Revolts. I used the 40 Revolt down to 32°F and it was totally adequate, although as I mentioned elsewhere I think that's its comfort limit for me.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    I used the 7D TQ on a recent loop hike of the Allegheny Front Trail in PA. Actual weight on my scale is 14.12 oz (400.2g).

Really nice quilt that squashes down very small in the pack. Combined with the EE Revolt 40 UQ, total quilt weight was 24.8 oz and was warm for me at 38°F, which is the coldest it got this trip. With the wild swings in the weather lately I was considering taking the 20deg UQ but the 40 was fine.

The shell material is obviously very light, although it seems up to the task.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12