Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppy View Post
    I love a nice bridge hammock or a good 11’ gathered end. Always had issues with shorter stuff. I use a 0 degree Underquilt year round, except when I’m hiking big mileage in weather above 40 degrees. I have a few topquilts and just use the one appropriate for the weather. I do give myself a 10 degree buffer (if it’s 30 degrees I use a 20). If I could only have one TQ it would be a 20 or 30, very versatile and can be vented easily when too warm. If I could have one UQ it would be a 0 or 20. I tend to get cold from the bottom, but overheat when my TQ is too warm. Lots of folks like Hammocks with separate bugnets. I like that, but prefer integrated nets. Anyhow, lots of folks here who know much more than I do! Gathering gear is half the fun!
    Great info, thank you! So I actually just made my first big purchase this past weekend and got a Hammock Gear Incubator UQ, 30 degree, with an ounce of overstuff. I figure with the lead time to make it then I should hopefully get some good use out of it in late spring before it warms up too much to use it in the summer, and then of course next fall as well. I was thinking that might be a good starter UQ, and then give me some time to save up for another before next week and likely get a 0 degree next time, for the colder nights. I'm going to use a sleeping bag for now, instead of a TQ, only for the sake of money haha. I want to upgrade my hammock and tarp next, and then will likely look at a TQ after that.

--LC

Quote Originally Posted by Miquel Westano View Post
    Welcome from SW Missouri
    Thank you Miquel, I appreciate the warm welcome!
    --LC

Quote Originally Posted by ylnfrt View Post
    Hello LC0307, Welcome to HF and hanging in general. I encourage you to research and ask the experts, who on this forum are very helpful. I believe you will find that hammocking is a very individually selective form of sleeping or relaxing. Enjoy the experience and have fun.
    Thank you very much! I am already finding this place to be very welcoming, full of great people, and definitely a depth of knowledge around here. I am looking forward to soaking up as much info as I can, and asking a few questions along the way. Thanks again!

--LC

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    DD Hammocks 9x9
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Hey there LC0307 glad to see other newbies from Oklahoma. I just joined myself, looking to soak up some knowledge.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12