Hammock
    Sld TR blck, WBRR 2x
    Tarp
    Rsbtr kit hex 12 b
    Insulation
    Phnx. 40, WL shell
    Suspension
    Dutch buckles
    What's the turn around between order and shipping? I don't think these things can be made and stocked.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow/WB RR
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Msc
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Beetles
    I had mine in a week. Im on the east coast.

Hammock
    DWG + SLD Voyager
    Tarp
    WBEdge+SLD WindH
    Insulation
    SLD IUQP
    Suspension
    DWG + WBFisHooks
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Do you have to get them in pairs as they are longer in this configuration. Can they be purchased as 3 pieces like the original (head end)? Also what is the weight rating on these? I'm right at 200 lbs and am curious what they are rated for. Lastly, what are the part number for these or a link if one chooses to order these?
    As i understand it Josh will make them as you request. I don't think they are on his website. Mine took about a week to get here but i didn't have any special requests. I believe that the 3 section bars are good if you are lighter in weight. At least that's what i read in the forums. That heavier hangers should get 2 sections. They fit in the AHE bridge pole bag just fine.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Papatechie View Post
    As i understand it Josh will make them as you request. I don't think they are on his website. Mine took about a week to get here but i didn't have any special requests. I believe that the 3 section bars are good if you are lighter in weight. At least that's what i read in the forums. That heavier hangers should get 2 sections. They fit in the AHE bridge pole bag just fine.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    I am working with Josh as well for my bridge hammocks.

Josh doesn't advertise the poles on his website as overall they are poles driven by community interest from your fellow forum members. I'm not sure how many sets he's put together for the RR at this point but they are out there and doing well.

Papatechie is correct- if you are heavier (over 180 as guess) then stick with the two piece sets. The three piece head bar is pushing things a bit.

That said...
    I'm up to about 15 sets or more that I have been testing with my customers. The 36" sets seem to be doing very well to 225 pounds, and I have some of my Luxury bridge users going that high as well with no reported issues.
    These were an experimental product for Josh who is not a hammock hanger. He had some kinks in production but seems to have worked them out.

So point being... Ridgerunner or one of mine. You are still an early adopter, but you are not the 'first generation' users if you pick one up. Every ultra light piece of gear deserves some care and caution... but I feel pretty confident recommending these to folks up to 200 pounds in a RR set. Much beyond that and you're pushing things a bit and taking a risk. 250 would be risky proposition but might actually pan out to be a viable upper limit. So not impossible, just needs much more testing before I would say that far is safe.

Josh is a great vendor who is trying to meet a need he wasn't aware of... and doing it well. So no matter who's bridge you use I would encourage you to reach out to him via email.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Papatechie View Post
    They fit in the AHE bridge pole bag just fine.
    Ah, you answered my next question. Thanks for the info.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    They look great! I am pushing the 250 limit. I stay around 240-245. It would be nice to get a set of these if they work for me. I got a pair of mountainsmith monopods to give those a try and see if I like that setup. That carbon poles sure are pretty!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Definitely attractive poles. They would also be much lighter but I'm assuming that the originals are stronger?!?
    But yeah, whether it's a pole or a canoe... Carbon fiber is definitely sexy.
    Hanging in the woods, paddlin and catching trout- My kind of living...

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    I run at 190 with a three piece header configuration, for what it is worth

Hammock
    DWG + SLD Voyager
    Tarp
    WBEdge+SLD WindH
    Insulation
    SLD IUQP
    Suspension
    DWG + WBFisHooks
    Hello all... glad to report that they are working. 4 of us with different weights and heights layed in ridgerunner from 5'6" -6'1" and 170 lbs - 250 lbs and they didn't break. I'm sure this is just an initial load test but it was successful. Some pics of the setup. spindrift ii, thunderfly and ruta locura carbon fiber bars.

03-wbrr.jpg02-wbrr.jpg
    Last edited by Papatechie; 02-05-2018 at 11:25.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    DWG + SLD Voyager
    Tarp
    WBEdge+SLD WindH
    Insulation
    SLD IUQP
    Suspension
    DWG + WBFisHooks
    So to follow up these did just fine for me and the other guys that tested it out we were doing a sort of mini hammock hang out by the campsite. See the image below of the different hammocks we had.

2018-winter-hang.jpg

Here is some info that Josh from Ruta Locura shared with me. (Paraphrased)

He said that the carbon fiber is not affected by heat or cold so long as you don't put them in the campfire you will alright. He said basically anything that would damage your aluminum bars would also do the same to the Carbon Fiber but instead of bending and failing like aluminum the carbon fiber would crack or break so don't drop them, don't step on them, don't throw them or pull on them in the hammock just like the aluminum bars. He also said he had dudes that were 250 lbs using them and that he had not heard of any failures yet but it's a custom product and not enough info out there yet.

Here is his information if you want to contact him and order a pair ($90-$100) depending.
    Josh Leavitt
    [email protected]

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast