Hammock
    HH Explorer Delux w/2QZQ Mo, WB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HH SS, HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Desending Ring
    Loved your video. The skiing looks great and it is amazing that the otter was never cared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    Super fly
    Quote Originally Posted by FireInMyBones View Post
    It was my first year up there, but it was so dark, it is hard to recall who I was able to meet. I'll get a video out soon. This video was well done. Nice oter shot.
    Large group, and I am a shy guy, so I don’t know who I met. I am glad you like the video. The Marine was doing all the filming he is over 6 feet tall and I am 5’ 3

Hammock
    SLD SL, WBBB XLC, TTTG
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE, HG
    Suspension
    Various
    Thanks for sharing the video.

I watched part one and enjoyed it. I will watch the second one when I get a few minutes.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl & XLC
    Tarp
    Big MJ & Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti & 2 Wookies
    Suspension
    Stock straps
    Images
    Excellent video of X-C skiing Boundary Waters lakes & portages. Wish I had brought my skis. Rare video of otter feeding on the ice.
    Thx for posting...
    T

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Thanks for posting the video link, Runner. Having met you and the Marine at Da Shack hang in December, it makes your report have more rapport. Looks like it was a great time.

I've been waiting for someone (anyone) to talk about this year's MN Frozen Butt Hang and you guys were the first. There was a good build up in the planning thread and with 50+ folks projected to be there, I figured there would be all kinds of reports right after the hang. Instead there was a two-week gap. Hmmm, unusual, I thought - so I started listing some possible reasons for the absence of any report as the days went by:

1. Since the temps were not below 0º, everyone decided to stay home. A Slightly_Thawed_Butt_Hang doesn't have the same ring to it.
    2. Everyone decided to stay for days upon days refusing to come out of the woods.
    3. Sasquatch showed up and had such a good time that nobody wanted to post video evidence or write about it. Besides, who would believe them?
    4. Everyone was cooling their heels in a MN hoosegow because they messed up the groomed trails and didn't say, "Sorry."
    The game is the best teacher.

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    Super fly
    Quote Originally Posted by Watertooner View Post
    Thanks for posting the video link, Runner. Having met you and the Marine at Da Shack hang in December, it makes your report have more rapport. Looks like it was a great time.

I've been waiting for someone (anyone) to talk about this year's MN Frozen Butt Hang and you guys were the first. There was a good build up in the planning thread and with 50+ folks projected to be there, I figured there would be all kinds of reports right after the hang. Instead there was a two-week gap. Hmmm, unusual, I thought - so I started listing some possible reasons for the absence of any report as the days went by:

1. Since the temps were not below 0º, everyone decided to stay home. A Slightly_Thawed_Butt_Hang doesn't have the same ring to it.
    2. Everyone decided to stay for days upon days refusing to come out of the woods.
    3. Sasquatch showed up and had such a good time that nobody wanted to post video evidence or write about it. Besides, who would believe them?
    4. Everyone was cooling their heels in a MN hoosegow because they messed up the groomed trails and didn't say, "Sorry."
    thanks for viewing the video, those are all great reasons I hadn’t thought about. There were actually about over 60 people that attended the hang and the weather was great has you see on the video. The Marine is putting together at least one more video on the MFBH.

Images
    What an excellent video! I have not cross country skies in many a year, but when I lived on snow country(Flagstaff, AZ and northern UT. Also Erie, PA but did not ski back then) I really loved it, as well as Alpine skiing!

Your video had me missing that! What hammock and insulation were you using?

You sure seem like a nice and fun bunch of guys, wish I could have journeyed way up there and joined you guys on that trip! Thanks for the excellent video!
    Bill

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    Super fly
    Thanks for viewing our video I am so glad you enjoyed! I am using a Dutch Chamaeleon and I use both my UQ 0° and 40° it got down to 13 at night so I was very warm I us a 20° top quilt. We are posting all our trips on utube channel Backpacking with a hammock. We love spending time in the BWCA anytime time of the year, but skiing across the lake breaking our own trail was Wonderful!! Hopefully you can get back up here some time!!

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Watertooner View Post

Those are great, and very imaginative, reasons Watertooner. Unfortunately (??) we were a well behaved group of hangers, yep even me!!, so #4 is definitely out.

Lots of pics and video on the Facebook group. That's where everybody seems to be posting, I guess it's easier???

Another thank you to Marine, for the excellent videography, and Runner for posting the vids here. Well done gentleman

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goobie View Post
    Those are great, and very imaginative, reasons Watertooner. Unfortunately (??) we were a well behaved group of hangers, yep even me!!, so #4 is definitely out.

Lots of pics and video on the Facebook group. That's where everybody seems to be posting, I guess it's easier???

Another thank you to Marine, for the excellent videography, and Runner for posting the vids here. Well done gentleman
    Ahhhhhhhh. Maybe that is why I did not recognize a lot of the names on the sign up sheet.
    Reckon I ain't no Facebooker.

Shug
    Last edited by Shug; 02-07-2018 at 10:31.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast