Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    HG incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images

I got a new hammock.

So I bought a new hammock. I was using a grand trunk double. And I am looking to buy a raven sometime in April. But I bought a hammock from krazy outdoors and so far I like it. I need to do some more testing with it but for 15 bucks I don't think I can complain too much.

Hammock
    Sld TR blck, WBRR 2x
    Tarp
    Rsbtr kit hex 12 b
    Insulation
    Phnx. 40, WL shell
    Suspension
    Dutch buckles
    it's always good to havea simple backup for basic lounging, but lounge and sleep hammocks can be different for many people. Congrats on a good deal

Hammock
    Dream hammock Raven
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    HG incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    So I did a couple days of testing the new hammock. It's not uncomfortable. But I found I am laying on the bug net more then the hammock its self. Also it is shorter than the other hammock I was using. So I am going back to that one until I buy my Dream hammock Raven. This hammock will probably go to the kids.

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    I have found I have a few "issues" with most hammocks shorter than 11', so I just stick with that length! I'm sure your kids will love it, and I think you'll love your Raven!

Hammock
    Dream hammock Raven
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    HG incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    I hope so. Me and the Mrs. Have been looking. this year we are upgrading hammocks and upgrading to down gear as well. We have only been doing this a couple of years and didn't want to spend that kind of money if we weren't going to continue backpacking. I'm looking at the dream hammock raven and and she is looking at the Dutchware chameleon.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB SF and WL TP
    Insulation
    UGQ & HG
    Suspension
    multiple
    Images
    I was in a similar situation last year as I had been using a Grand Trunk SBP, and wanted to upgrade. Ended up going with a Chameleon, and I couldn't believe the difference in comfort. I thought I was laying pretty flat before and on a decent diagonal. Apparently I didn't know what any of that truly was until I got in the 11' hammock. Lol... It was very much a "night & day" difference. A couple weeks ago though, I got curious about shorter hammocks, so I went out and bought an Eno DN just so that I could try it out.

I know, in the world of hammocks, this is like going from a high end luxury car to a Pinto, but "science".

I actually found the short Eno hammock to be just as comfortable as the GT, and haven't had a problem sleeping in it yet. I'm not saying "stick with the shorter hammocks" by any means. Just telling the tale of my recent experience. Hopefully you can get a hold of that Raven soon that you're after. I hear they're dang nice hammocks, and you'll certainly appreciate the additional length and such.
    Scarecrow on Instagram

"If somebody tells you there's a rule, break it. That's the only thing that moves things forward."
    -Hans Zimmer

Hammock
    ENO Double
    I about to so the same... transitioning from a double ENO to either a Cameleon. I followed all the tips from this forum and just realized my knees felt hysperextended. I'm 6'2" and 255 with a broad frame, so I'm learning a 11' hammock is where I should have started with

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• + New Posts