Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    DOWN!
    Suspension
    RBTR Straps/Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by trikertom View Post
    Ok guys we are 30 days out from Hang and anyone who wants to kayak we can make we can use our trailer to take you guys to swayer park and drop you off to launch in New Meadows River. you can paddle through the islands down to Painted point and we can pick you up, and bring back to campground. Painted point is right down the road from us. Just let me know and we can make arrangements. Anyone who wants to go whale watching Call Hardy Boat crusies in new harbor and they go out and are great people. Not sure of the cost. I am going to call Alex and get him to put a sign up sheet so we can get and idea of how many people will be attending the Hang. If anyone else wants to do anything else let me know. or email me [email protected]

trikertom
    Thanks for the info Tom, and thanks for the breakfast offerings again! It's certainly appreciated. (If anyone is interested in a whale watch, I will try and call the Hard Boat Cruises tomorrow to ask about group pricing and what not. I'll pass along whatever info I can get.)

No need to bother Alex about the sign-up sheet, Justin had one made a while ago and the mods added it to the first post. We're currently looking at about 35 attendees. Plus the Facebook page is drumming up more interest every day!

It's exciting to see how much the event has grown since the first hang. It's exciting to see where the GEAR has come in 5 years, as well! Who'd have thought you could fall asleep in/under/surrounded by what we are now?! Or even the increasing list of vendors we've got donating to the raffle?!

T minus 25 days and counting!

~Futhark
    aka
    Jess

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 20*TQ/ 0* UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkroll View Post
    I am trying to make the necessary arrangement to attend. I would love to come up to Maine! I may be by myself, maybe me and my dog, or maybe my wife, myself, and our dog. we'll see.
    Unfortunately, I will not be able to make the hang. I am using the vacation time for some wife and me time. I can give the dog directions though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 NJ Winter Hang Coup De Grace De Grub Champion
    Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On. - Jimmy Buffett
    https://lighterpack.com/r/yk6y8s

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    Concerning attendance, we currently have:

Google - 33 signed up, with 13 possibles. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Sro/edit#gid=0

Facebook - 26 Going, with 25 interested. https://www.facebook.com/events/2095225180509922/

Meadowbrook is currently a co-owner of the event, you should be able to see it on your facebook page, by going to "Events"

I'm not sure how much overlap there is between the two lists. But looking at previous years, we always get a surge of last-minute attendees, and as Futhark said, I'm drumming up more interest in the hang every day.

My best suggestion at this point is to plan on 50, but I wouldn't be shocked if we go higher than that. I also know we have several people who will be coming by Saturday to see what this hammock thing is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by tollermama View Post
    Laura, I noticed you are not on the sign up sheet. I moved myself to confirmed. Is Mike coming too?
    For some reason I wasn't subscribed to this thread so missed a ton of messages! I will add myself to the sign-up sheet -- thanks for the reminder. Mike will be there! Is Dan coming? Well, I guess I could just look at the sheet. Will go do that now!

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    ===> So, MagentaSky, Ewok, and I WILL be making this hang! I will be coming up Thursday to get everyone set-up, and they will arrive late Friday night. I also have a close friend coming as a first-time hanger. I have a rig for him already. This year should kick butt!!

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB Mountain Fly
    Insulation
    SMR TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch straps
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyPainter View Post
    ===> So, MagentaSky, Ewok, and I WILL be making this hang! I will be coming up Thursday to get everyone set-up, and they will arrive late Friday night. I also have a close friend coming as a first-time hanger. I have a rig for him already. This year should kick butt!!
    Looking forward to seeing you again with your clan!
    Grey Eagle
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” John Muir

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    We’ll be there Thursday night as well. I’m bringing a Flat top campchef if you’d like to join us for breakfast Friday AM. I even picked up some real Burbon maple syrup

Yay! Mike and I might be there Thursday as well. Do we need to decide for sure by any point? We'll definitely be there Friday. Leaving early Sunday morning for a show in Boston.

I have to back out of the kayaking though. My boat won't fit in the camper van, and we don't have roof racks yet.

See y'all soon!

Hammock
    Townsend Bridge
    Tarp
    Homemade Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ TR Pad
    Suspension
    Dogbones-Mule Tape
    I don't want to rush it to get here--as that means that many more warm summer days have gone by--but I am really looking forward to this one! I am glad to see some people are going to be up on Thursday, that is my plan, get out of work and drive up, it'll be dark, I assume, by the time I get there but won't be the first time there or setting up my hammock in the dark. Sounds like a good size crew this year!

Hammock
    Draumr or Sierra Madre
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    lots of down
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    It’s so close I can taste the donuts!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Megan
    In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. [Albert Camus]

• + New Posts
  • Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast