Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    Well, what started as a bit of a joke from a now banned member turned into some good discussion and I always appreciate that. But I see the road we’re going down with you much like the photobucket thread. I guess we want this one shut down too. I’m starting to see a pattern. You exhausted me in that thread so this is where I step out. I just can’t stomach another childish tantrum.
    I have followed this thread and I re-read the whole thing. I cannot find a childish tantrum by esmith.

One defining factor of a good discussion is that all the members do not think and say the same thing. Divergent thoughts are the key to being aware of mistaken beliefs. It is only when we question what we say we believe that we can either confirm or deny those beliefs. If an opinion that is not my own is said in a courteous manner it is wise for me to consider the other persons place.
    Personally I do not use camo, but I really do not care if anyone else does. (I do make jokes about the pink camo in the mall).
    I do not use bright colors, but obviously they sell A LOT of them. Look at the manufacturers options.

"Cannot we all just get along?"

Ken in NC
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post
    told to "bite me" by a rude someone else because I said I don't like camo
    Pro tip: a camo'd hammocker is much more difficult to find, and as such it's harder to bite them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    XLC/SLD 11' Tree Runner/BB
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/SLD WH
    Insulation
    Jacks 'R' Better
    Suspension
    MyersTech/Dyneema
    Images
    I use different colors for contrast in pack items. More often than not I end up with some form of burnt or blaze orange.

• UQP
    • Pack Cover
    • Rain Jacket
    • Triangle Thingies (regret this one...the color)
    • Tree Straps
    • Suspension Bag from SLD (600d Magnatuff)

I felt like it was a good option to have if I was worried about getting shot.
    Last edited by Vanhalo; 02-02-2018 at 15:24.
    "...in Florida, she felt air conditioning for the first time, and it was cold and unnatural upon her skin."

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ 0°
    Suspension
    Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post
    First thread I've been in on any forum where I was called a troll by a now-banned troll and told to "bite me" by a rude someone else because I said I don't like camo.

It has been entertaining, though.

Wayne
    Mr. Rude here...
    The original post in fact made those that do like camo seem stupid or less than. Not liking something is all well and fine, and perhaps explaining why would be great conversation, but there was a hint of elitist in the post.

One man's post about not liking camo is another man's definition of rudeness. See what I did there?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    ^ that guy has been banned. And if this thread doesn't soon return to the topic of hammocks, it's going to go away, too.

None of this matters if you hang like me: only between roadside telephone poles after a fresh snow. ANY color is visible on those conditions (don't try to debate that 'white' is a color, because I learned in grade school that it ain't). Plus, you have a built-in wakeup call when the snow plow comes by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch Half-Wit/EnoS7
    Tarp
    HG CF w doors
    Insulation
    LL TQ / EE UQ
    Suspension
    Spider w Becket
    The original post was a why question with a scenario as to why a different choice would be better. LNT leaves room for discussion, but I believe the overall it tries to accomplish is to allow each person who goes out to the wilderness that sense of wilderness while also protecting and preserving it for others and future generations. So, it affects those enjoying the now and also those who want to enjoy in the future.
    Lime green, orange and red actually do blend in depending on the area. I have a picture of my husband when we were in NoCali wearing a lime green shirt and it took a while to find him in the photo. I'm sure during the fall, red orange yellow... also can blend.
    Personally I have muted exterior colors and bright interior colors for my gear and clothing.
    In the end, I suppose it is up to the individual and their own outdoor philosophy... But I do get annoyed by loud music when i wanted to take in the serenity and I go out of my way to take the picture of a scene without additional visuals. But, on the flipside I think wearing some bright colors also helps for just in case I am lost situations. I don't think there is a 100% right answer to bright vs not. Pros and Cons for both points. Go out with a mindset to respect (people and planet) and I don't think you can go wrong.
    HYOH right?

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    This thread has ran it's course and is once again off course. Closing thread
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910