Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Thank you! I never thought to look for a dedicated thread about it. Duh.

Sent from a furniture shop in Maine
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    This is pretty cool. I would bet there would be a market for a slightly smaller size. Somewhere between this sidecar and the current side pocket he sells.
    Homer: Sir, I need to know where I can get some business hammocks.

Hank Scorpio: Hammocks? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? Hammocks!

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by weaver2469 View Post
    This is pretty cool. I would bet there would be a market for a slightly smaller size. Somewhere between this sidecar and the current side pocket he sells.
    Maybe make a sidecar for the Sidecar. A sidecar pannier if you will. This way you could still stuff a TQ into the "Sidecar" and your camera, glasses and knife into the "Sidecar Pannier".
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I didn't want to up the costs but I think it would be need to have pockets for smaller stuff, like a ridgeline organizer on the hem. It could have a pocket for a fake mustache and another for your curling iron. I might make it an option but maybe you shouldn't bring so much junk.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I didn't want to up the costs but I think it would be need to have pockets for smaller stuff, like a ridgeline organizer on the hem. It could have a pocket for a fake mustache and another for your curling iron. I might make it an option but maybe you shouldn't bring so much junk.
    But... How will I look fabulous in the forest if I don't bring my fake moustache and curling iron with me?

More seriously, I keep my Chameleon and TC bundled together in the stuff sack. Will the triple combo still fit, or would I need to DIY a new carrying bag for this?

Might attempt DIYing something so that shoes can be stored without the need to be careful.
    If you don't live life to the limit, how will you know when you overcome your own?

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    I got my Sidecar yesterday and its pretty sweet. Easy to put on and it is YUUUUGE!! Even with all the storage options the Chameleon presents, I have been missing the shelf from my old XLC a bit - this solves that in a big way.

I wish there was an adjustable tie out included with the Sidecar. I was under the impression one came with it ( I misunderstood the original video since there was one attached..my fault). I would have ordered one with my Sidecar had I realized. I suggest either including one or making it an add-on option/drop down item on the Sidecar ordering page.

Thanks for continuing to innovate and give us all the things we never knew we always wanted, Dutch!
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE
    Quote Originally Posted by Burg54 View Post
    I got my Sidecar yesterday and its pretty sweet. Easy to put on and it is YUUUUGE!! Even with all the storage options the Chameleon presents, I have been missing the shelf from my old XLC a bit - this solves that in a big way.

I wish there was an adjustable tie out included with the Sidecar. I was under the impression one came with it ( I misunderstood the original video since there was one attached..my fault). I would have ordered one with my Sidecar had I realized. I suggest either including one or making it an add-on option/drop down item on the Sidecar ordering page.

Thanks for continuing to innovate and give us all the things we never knew we always wanted, Dutch!
    Maybe I'm confused, but don't you swap out the tie-outs from the section it is replacing?
    Please enter your signature here.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE
    Quote Originally Posted by jms53 View Post
    But... How will I look fabulous in the forest if I don't bring my fake moustache and curling iron with me?l
    If a tree falls on a guy without a fake moustache and flat hair in the forest, does he make a sound? I actually think that between the RL Organizer, the peak loft, the Sidecar, and the external pocket, there is already tons more storage than any other hammock provides (including my old WBBB).
    Please enter your signature here.

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Burg54 View Post
    Did yours not? That was probably an oversight. My sidecar came today, and it included a length of shock-cord w/ line-loc hooks on either end. Then again, maybe Dutch just likes me better.
    Last edited by jcksparow; 01-20-2018 at 19:42.
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    How much weight can this hold without buggering the zippers? I'm thinking that's an awesome spot to put my wool anorak in winter. If you get mine to me quick enough I'll test it with wool stuff at the winter hang!!
    Last edited by JmBoh; 01-20-2018 at 18:01.
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast