UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ-Zep20/Kelty21
    Suspension
    Whoops/DutchSpidrs

LA > Kisatchie Bayou > March 9-11, 2018 > 7th Annual Louisiana Group Hang

LA > Kisatchie Bayou, Mar 9-11, 2018 7th Annual Louisiana Group Hang

7th Annual Louisiana Group Hammock Hang
    Plans for the 2018 Spring Swing have begun!

Who's hanging?
    Anyone and everyone, we don’t discriminate because you use a tent or because you reside in another state!
    Click HERE to go to the spreadsheet and sign in. It helps us keep a head count on who is coming and what food you’re bringing.

** UPDATE !!! Clark Smith of GEAUX Hammocks says that he will be hangin' with us and will likely have an extra hammock hanging so you can all try out the GEAUX!

What we hanging for?
    The 7th Annual Louisiana Group Hang is a car camping event. You can hike, fish, paddle (if the bayou is up) or just hang out.
    If you have a hammock camping related skill or setup to demonstrate to others, please let us know and we will schedule a session or two on Saturday. We are always learning so if you want to teach us something we will all be better for it! None of us are experts in all things and there are likely some very new to hammock camping that will benefit from your knowledge! Show us how to make a Whoopie Sling!

When we hanging?
    March 9th – 11th, 2018 (Some of us will be arriving on the 8th, so feel free to come out early!)

Where we hanging?
    The same place we hung last year! Kisatchie Bayou Campground. You can find directions at the end of this post. The coordinates are [31.445085, -93.093646]
    Here are a few links to find out more about the campground and area...
    louisianatravel.com
    theoutbound.com
    Forest Service website

What is this going to cost me?
    The published fee for each campsite is 2$ per night and should be paid at the entrance to the campground area at the marquee. You will need to keep the tear off permit from the envelope in your car.
    In the past we have had to move any vehicles not in a proper parking spot so please do not park on the side of the street. There is overflow parking up the hill.

We will be doing a raffle again this year. Tickets are $1 per ticket. Donations for the raffle are always appreciated. All proceeds from the raffle go towards the overhead costs of raffle prizes and community food.
    We usually have a “Trading” table. Feel free to bring items you wish to trade and get some useful items in exchange.

What should campers do about food?
    Saturday we are planning to smoke some pork butts and fresh sausage for our annual community feast. Everyone is encouraged to contribute a side dish to be shared. The raffle will begin immediately following dinner!
    We may be flipping some pancakes Saturday morning as well.

ALL OTHER MEALS ARE UP TO EACH INDIVIDUAL CAMPER!

How much food do we need to bring for Saturday should I choose to cook something?
    We usually have about 20-30 campers so a medium/large casserole type dish will usually allow most campers to have a sample of your masterpiece. Don't be afraid to show off your cooking skills. We usually have some super awesome cooks!
    Dutch oven desserts/cobblers are always a treat!

What about firewood?
    In a state park it is always hard to find wood so plan on bringing as much as you would burn at your individual site over the weekend. A couple of logs to contribute to the communal fire pit is always appreciated.

A few things to remember for those attending for the first time.
    Come completely self-contained as you would on a car camping trip at home. Don’t forget a camp chair to sit around and hear some of the great stories to be told!
    LNT - Leave NO Trace - Leave your campsite and the campground in general, cleaner that you found it! We all want to enjoy nature so keep it natural!

This campground has 17 walk-in sites and 1 drive in site, all come with tent pads, fire pits with a BBQ rack, lantern posts, and there are trash receptacles throughout the campground.
    “Pit Toilet” restrooms are available. The forest service supplied tissue usually runs out by Saturday afternoon. We will bring a couple rolls but you should have some of your own on standby.
    There is NO RUNNING WATER, so plan to bring enough water for you and your guests for the entire weekend.

There are numerous trails throughout the Forest that are marked as multi-use trails. Distances vary from 1/2 mile to nearly 30 miles. Visitors to the Kisatchie Hills Wilderness Area can find 8,700 acres of forest featuring some of the most unusually steep and rugged terrain to be found in Louisiana. In addition to a variety of wildlife, this scenic area features flat-topped mesas, sandstone bluffs and outcroppings, and several distinct forest types.

Forest Service Directions…
    From the intersection of I-49 and Highway 6 (Natchitoches) drive west on Hwy 6 for 4 miles. Turn left (south) on Louisiana Hwy 117 and proceed 16 miles to Forest Highway 59, Longleaf Trail Scenic Byway. Turn left (east) on FH 59 and go 7 miles to FR 321. Turn right (south) on FR 321 and go 4 miles to Forest Road 366. Turn right (west) on FR 366 and proceed to the end of the road.

Google Directions…
    Travel I-49 North of Alexandria to Exit #119 (LA- 119).
    Turn left onto LA-119 S (also marked as 119 W), travel 5.2 mi.
    Turn right onto Par Rd 830, travel 5.4 mi.
    Turn left onto F S 360, travel 5.2 mi.
    Turn right onto O D Guin Rd/Par Rd 321, travel 1.6 mi
    Turn left onto Bayou Camp Rd, travel 2.2 mi to arrive at Kisatchie Bayou Campground
    Last edited by WhiskyCavalier; 01-17-2018 at 16:31.

Hammock
    GEAUX Hammock
    Tarp
    GEAUX Dry Tarp
    Insulation
    GEAUX Warm UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    I'm in! Be glad to help plan or help anyway I can. I will have some items for raffle and can hopefully get some other things as well. Will bring my Dutch oven for some type of cobbler. I also have a few extra pieces if gear I can bring. A tarp or two, couple of Costco quilts and a few extra hammocks. Let me know what I can do to help!
    11' hammocks made in the USA!
    Don't you wanna GEAUX?
    www.geauxhammockgear.com

Hammock
    Geaux Hammock 11'
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ-Zep20/Kelty21
    Suspension
    Whoops/DutchSpidrs
    Hey Clark! I was hoping you could join us again this year. I’m looking forward to the cobbler!
    And we appreciate any raffle items you can help us with. @Jazilla has asked us to pick up the lead on this and hopefully we do him proud and put on another great event.
    We will post any other needs that come up but otherwise we look forward to seeing you there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Fiber de Cuban
    Insulation
    DIY or Wild.Logics
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    Cavaliera, thanks for putting the thread together. I will make some dutch oven mountain man breakfast. Let me know what you need help with. I usually bring extra gear if a newbie wants to attend and try hanging.

Hammock
    GEAUX Hammock
    Tarp
    GEAUX Dry Tarp
    Insulation
    GEAUX Warm UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cavaliera View Post
    Hey Clark! I was hoping you could join us again this year. I’m looking forward to the cobbler!
    And we appreciate any raffle items you can help us with. @Jazilla has asked us to pick up the lead on this and hopefully we do him proud and put on another great event.
    We will post any other needs that come up but otherwise we look forward to seeing you there!

Thanks cavaliera! Sounds great! Hopefully I will be bringing a couple of guest as well.
    11' hammocks made in the USA!
    Don't you wanna GEAUX?
    www.geauxhammockgear.com

Thanks for getting this going, guys! I look forward to hanging with y'all again. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Hammock
    Wbbb xlc
    Tarp
    Mamba
    Insulation
    Warm
    Suspension
    Buckle and Whoopie
    Bringing smoker and duel burner stove

Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Can't say for sure but I think I may be able to attend.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Fiber de Cuban
    Insulation
    DIY or Wild.Logics
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    Ugh. I have a 4 month class starting mid February. I’m hoping the schedule works out.

Hammock
    Geaux Hammock 11'
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ-Zep20/Kelty21
    Suspension
    Whoops/DutchSpidrs
    Oh man. I sure hope you can squeeze the weekend in somehow!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast