WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20° Wookie
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle

Wookie band issue

So I finally got my XLC ver. 2 light weight double layer, Wookie 3 session, UQP and Superfly tarp, dutch bling, fleaz, CRL and mesh snake skin for tarp. Set up the hammock in the back yard on my Turtle dog stand, while waiting for the silicone to set up on the tarp. laying there starting to doze off and there was a pop and it suddenly got chilly! The band on the foot end popped off. The band seems kinda stretched out, I have the extra band just thought it is weird on the first hang with my new setup. I put it back up with the loose loop with a few twists not using the carabiner and it work good for a nap.

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I would contact WARBONNET ask why the failure on the band. I would also obtain a couple of extra bands from Warbonnet.

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Did the band break or just pop off? In little over a year I broke both bands, not smart to miss hammock and sitting in wooki, just doesn't work. Contacted Brandon in about three days had two replacements. I did put three Kam snaps on my entry side to avoid this problem.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20° Wookie
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by SoaknWet View Post
    Did the band break or just pop off? In little over a year I broke both bands, not smart to miss hammock and sitting in wooki, just doesn't work. Contacted Brandon in about three days had two replacements. I did put three Kam snaps on my entry side to avoid this problem.
    Just popped off, I will shoot him an email thanks

Senior Member Andy "Bull" Bullock's Avatar
    Hammock
    WB ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB lynx & Costco
    Suspension
    straps+Dutch bling
    I wonder if they sent you the wrong size wookie? Did it seem like a stretch to hook it up? Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20° Wookie
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy "Bull" Bullock View Post
    I wonder if they sent you the wrong size wookie? Did it seem like a stretch to hook it up? Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It seemed to stretch a little, not excessively. It says XL on the tag I believe.

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Wooki
    I had the same happen my first night in Wooki. Band simply slipped off gathered end of UQ. After the second time I placed the rubber band that covered the bug net and hammock gathered ends on the UQ and hammock ends and it held. I had taken the bug net off.l believe the second smaller band is new. I will PM Brandon.

Images
    Sorry about that, I'm not sure why it would have slipped off, that is pretty rare, It most likely just didn't get put on securely enough. I would recommend trying to put it on correctly though rather than removing the carabiner and changing the configuration, I don't believe you'll be getting enough tension the way you describe it and that may create cold spots or general inefficiency

The elastic that goes around the end of the hammock itself is not meant to do anything other than cover up the tiny opening in the end of the netting.

If you don't know how to get the rubberband on there correctly you can email us and we could make a short video clip and text it to you. It's pretty easy but you do have to twist it and double it a couple times to increase the tension

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    Sorry about that, I'm not sure why it would have slipped off, that is pretty rare, It most likely just didn't get put on securely enough. I would recommend trying to put it on correctly though rather than removing the carabiner and changing the configuration, I don't believe you'll be getting enough tension the way you describe it and that may create cold spots or general inefficiency

The elastic that goes around the end of the hammock itself is not meant to do anything other than cover up the tiny opening in the end of the netting.

If you don't know how to get the rubberband on there correctly you can email us and we could make a short video clip and text it to you. It's pretty easy but you do have to twist it and double it a couple times to increase the tension
    I did not remove or modify band configuration. Both times it slipped was during entry or exit. The second time I put 4 twists in band before placing over end. After attaching as instructed l simply slipped secondary band over UQ gathered end and the hammock end. It may have held after adding 4th twist alone. I will remove secondary band as I may inhibit stretching of UQ band.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Beesink View Post
    I did not remove or modify band configuration. Both times it slipped was during entry or exit. The second time I put 4 twists in band before placing over end. After attaching as instructed l simply slipped secondary band over UQ gathered end and the hammock end. It may have held after adding 4th twist alone. I will remove secondary band as I may inhibit stretching of UQ band.
    Sorry, I got you mixed up with the OP, What I meant is that it sounded like the OP put it on differently than we do and that will likely effect the performance of the quilt. It should be re-installed using the stock method.

Regarding the bands themselves, the origional bands were 2 short bands hitched together to create a band about 4" long, the new bands are a single band that is 4" long. Install is the same for either. I believe we show that in our Wooki setup video actually.

Current bands are EPDM which has great outdoor and sun durability and should last a long time and we do include a spare just in case you sit in your quilt and break it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast