Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Suggestions for new hammock system

Hey all, I was hoping you all could share some hammock suggestions for me. I’m interested in a new light backpacking hammock, suspension and rain fly. The only wrinkle is that I have an eno bug net and if it won’t fit the new hammock, I’ll need a new bug net as well.

I don’t have any complaints about my old eno double nest except that I had the slap straps and eventually they stretched out. I ended up trading it to my friend for something non hammock related because my DH hardly ever uses his (prefers golfing to camping) and I got a new Farland hammock for in a secret Santa. So I have plenty of hammocks for day hangs and festivals and whatnot.

However, I read through this forum about all the awesome backpacking hammocks so I’m curious if there is better one for me out there...? And hopefully cheaper! Eno is pricey! Hence my reluctancy to get a hammock that won’t work with w the bug net making it a pricey loss, it’s pretty new. But, I’m open to learning about the better options regardless.

I’m a 5’3 female and I preferred the way the eno would close around me as opposed to the single. And, I’ll be honest I don’t know too much about suspension systems because as I said I’ve been using slap straps. But, I think I’m ready to up my game so whatever you guys can suggest I would love to start looking into and learning about.

Thanks y’all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RosieM; 01-12-2018 at 22:25.

• + New Posts