Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    Whoppies, Beetles

Hexon 1.0 or 1.6

OK, I am looking at a Chameleon and am wondering if I should go with Hexon 1.0 or 1.6. I am fat now (winter weight) at 155 lb. but usually run 140-145 range. I currently have a WBBB XLC 1.7 single. I noticed in reviews that Syntax 77 got a 1.0 and Shug I believe has a 1.6. What would be the most comfortable for my weight? Once I figure that out, I will have to beat myself up over color, I am color stupid and usually just go with green, but, there is more than one green and other muted colors. These decisions are making my head hurt.
    Last edited by Gunny85; 01-11-2018 at 08:13.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Lynx & Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    I have a Hexon 1.0 Chameleon and am around 145-150 lbs during prime hiking season here in CT. I have not had any complaints about the comfort. I probably only have about 15-20 nights in it but that's enough to judge the comfort I think. One other consideration should probably be durability. Mind you, I haven't had any issues at all but the 1.0 should really be treated a little more cautiously than the 1.6. I'm happy with the material as a great alternative to my Hammeck Netty in Hexon 1.6 and my BBXLC in the 1.7 nylon.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I made a bridge hammock that I loved out of Hexon 1.0, but my Chameleons are Hexon 1.6, and at 175 pounds the 1.6 fabric is the perfect balance of compliance and support for me. In a gathered-end hammock the 1.0 fabric is significantly stretchier, and it may offer too much give for some hangers who are heavier than I am and/or prefer a firm lay. HTH...
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    Whoppies, Beetles
    Part of my thinking is possibly a softer lay. I sometimes think my WBBB is too stiff as some nights I get a bit of pain in my back where a bull stepped on me in a rodeo back in 77 and broke a batch of ribs. I have actually set my sleep number bed on a softer setting and seem to be doing better at home.

Hammock
    Chameleon, LSOH Warrior
    Tarp
    Asym Cuben
    Insulation
    Quilt
    Suspension
    Playing with it
    I agree with @Shivers the 1.0 needs to be treated a little more cautiously than the 1.6

Dutchware Chameleon in Hexon 1.0 vs Hexon 1.6 - Comparisons and Sag Test

Chameleon Body Fabric Choices.

Hexon 1.0 – 200 pound weight rating
    Hexon 1.6 – 350 pound weight rating
    Hexon 2.4 – 400+ pound weight rating
    Argon 1.6 – 300 pound weight rating
    Multicam 1.5 – 275 pound weight rating
    Multicam 1.9 – 325 pound weight rating
    TrueTimber – 325 pound weight rating

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    June Bugs
    I opted for the hexon 1.6--its the right mix of firmness and comfort. It's not as delicate as the 1.0

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    UGQ, HG UQ - LL TQ
    Suspension
    Straps, Becket hit
    I’m a bit over 200 and am very comfortable in my 1.0 Chameleon. I would expect the 1.0 would be nice for someone as light as you.

Hammock
    Hybrid 1.7 GE, Happy Medium Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    Images
    I'm normally about 150 but currently closer to 160 and have a whole slew of physical ailments that makes me overly sensitive.

I found the hexon 1.0 to be too soft for my lower back and also caused shoulder squeeze (locked shoulders). I'm ok with it for 2 consecutive nights but no more.

Hexon 1.6 is far better for my shoulders, but it's firm enough that it's too uncomfortable for my lower back. Sort of like laying on a table. It only affects my lower back, otherwise it's great.

Hmm...I really need something in between. If argon 1.6 is still available you may consider that, but I've never tried it so can't speak from experience.

My wife is lighter than me and has major back and hip issues and she loves her hexon 2.4. Go figure.

After we all give our opinions, you still won't know which to get. The only way to know is to try 'em out, best if you can sleep in them of course. For me, a fabric is in the running if I can sleep in it for 3 consecutive nights without issue.
    Last edited by sqidmark; 01-11-2018 at 17:29.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    UGQ, HG UQ - LL TQ
    Suspension
    Straps, Becket hit
    Sqidmark

Great points. I rarely have the opportunity to get out for more than 2 consecutive nights and fortunately don’t have a slew of physical ailments so I haven’t experienced those issues. Bottom line - the OP will really not know without trying the particular hammock and material in the way he uses a hammock if a specific design and material combo will suit his needs. Dutch’s return policy seems to allow him to make his best guess and give it a whirl for minimal risk.

We want you to be completely happy with your DutchWare order. If for any reason you are not satisfied, we will gladly accept your timely return of unused or defective merchandise. Returned merchandise should include the vendor packaging and tags and be in the same condition as when it was received. A pickup and/or restock fee may apply.

Quote Originally Posted by sqidmark View Post
    I'm normally about 150 but currently closer to 160 and have a whole slew of physical ailments that makes me overly sensitive. I found the hexon 1.0 to be too soft for my lower back and also caused shoulder squeeze (locked shoulders). I'm ok with it for 2 consecutive nights but no more.
    Hexon 160 is far better for my shoulders, but it's firm enough that it's too uncomfortable for my lower back. Sort of like laying on a table. It only affects my lower back, otherwise it's great.
    Hmm...I really need something in between. If argon 1.6 is still available you may consider that, but I've never tried it so can't speak from experience.
    My wife is lighter than me and has major back and hip issues and she loves her hexon 2.4. Go figure.
    After we all give our opinions, you still won't know which to get. The only way to know is to try 'em out, best if you can sleep in them of course. For me, a fabric is in the running if I can sleep in it for 3 consecutive nights without issue.

Hammock
    Chameleon, SLD, Hennessey, ENO DN
    Tarp
    Planning a DIY
    Insulation
    OneTigris UQ
    Suspension
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny85 View Post
    OK, I am looking at a Chameleon and am wondering if I should go with Hexon 1.0 or 1.6. I am fat now (winter weight) at 155 lb. but usually run 140-145 range. I currently have a WBBB XLC 1.7 single. I noticed in reviews that Syntax 77 got a 1.0 and Shug I believe has a 1.6. What would be the most comfortable for my weight? Once I figure that out, I will have to beat myself up over color, I am color stupid and usually just go with green, but, there is more than one green and other muted colors. These decisions are making my head hurt.
    Hey gunny I agree it depends on what you want. 1.0 is lighter and will definitely support your weight. 1.6 will hold more weight obviously and be more durable but it also weights more. No once you figure out that part then have fun with colors! I love my 1.6 chameleon I chose the dark green and have the camo cover with bug net so I can hide out in the woods!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast