WBBB
    Tarp
    Palace
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Spiders/Mantis
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I tried a couple different pillow options in the hammock, but neither of them really worked for me. I prefer to just hang without a pillow. The shape of the hammock elevates my head just enough that it essentially gives me the same support I'd use a pillow for.
    That’s what I do most of the time but I have a small UGQ pillow I’ll use on occasion. I was pleasantly surprised to find head or neck support isn’t really necessary, especially with the WBBB.

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Quote Originally Posted by Slack Packhiker View Post
    That’s what I do most of the time but I have a small UGQ pillow I’ll use on occasion. I was pleasantly surprised to find head or neck support isn’t really necessary, especially with the WBBB.
    I have found that it is more having something under my neck that a head pillow. Or it is a pillow to keep my head and neck elevated when sleeping on my side (one huge benefit of a 90 degree hammock). However, it is a small fraction of the size of the pillow I used in a bed.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Ive been sleeping in one full time for about a year and a half now and its some of the best sleep I've ever gotten. Most nights, I use my Snugpak Snuggie pillow that came free when I bought my Snugpak Patrol Poncho and Poncho Liner combo. Its the perfect size and firmness for me and with the sewn on stuff sack, folds into itself down to about the size of a large grapefruit. I also use my HG Econ pillow on top of that when I'm watching TV or something on my kindle. And then under the lower part of my calf I use another small pillow inside my TQ to keep my heels elevated off the hammock since the pressure makes them go numb while I'm sleeping bc I get so comfortable and lay in the same position too long lol. But if I'm hiking , I'll just bring the Snugpak and HG pillows and put clothes in a stuff sack under my legs.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

To my surprise, my hammock came yesterday! Slept in it, and yah it'll take some getting use to. But the normal pillow is definitely too much, and no pillow is not enough. So kinda looking at some small options. ENO propillow and the Teton camp pillow...any other suggestions? Don't like air filled ones, and probably will rarely travel with it, but being packable would still be nice
    Last edited by two1991; 01-18-2018 at 04:50.

Hammock
    Dutch Halfwit
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG uq + Down Bag
    Suspension
    DIYwhoops+MuleTape
    Images
    I started hammocking in one of those rainbow colored Brazilians and it was so cozy I switched from ground camping.
    Mosquitoes lead me to look up jungle hammocks, which eventually lead me to this forum.
    If the Brazilians weren't so much heavier than my backpacking hammocks I'd still be using one.
    Last year I worked midnights for 6 months and slept hanging in my basement so the family didn't have to tiptoe around me so much.
    I liked using a small fleece throw blanket as a pillow. I could arrange it differently for the right support and use some of it to cover my eyes against the light.
    Worked well for me and be easy to try to see if you like it.
    "It's not the man who's catching lots of fish and shooting lots of game who's having fun, it's the chap who's getting ready to do it."
    ~Horace Kephart

Hammock
    Ticket To The Moon
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Quilt
    Suspension
    Hammock Straps
    I finally sewed a pillowcase tonight for the travel pillow that I bought about a week ago. Will give it a try tonight to see how it works out. Given how much my son likes his I'm rather optimistic that it will work well for me too. If so, I'll definitely be sewing a few more pillowcases. Need to have at least a couple in flannel and either cotton or maybe even some of the sample fabric I picked up from RSBTR.

Happy Hanging!

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Full time hammock sleeping

I used to sleep in a Brazilian hammock and I just folded a small blanket to support my neck. my head rested on the hammock body.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12