Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

FDA approval on sale of Blackbird?

Hi, I'm Scott.

I've been the owner of a new WBBB for about a week. I strung it up immediately in the basement, and since have spent much of my free time in it. Almost every time I get in, I feel the consciousness slipping inexorably away, until I'm waking up much later, still not wanting to leave it's warm embrace. I'm becoming addicted quickly, and I already think it's too late to save me. If anyone did try to save me, I think I'd fight them off with every strength of my being...

Anyway, I wonder if Warbonnet is in many insurance networks. My hammock is such an awesome sleep aid, I'm just sure it would be reimbursable....

Seriously, I'm so happy with this purchase I can't see straight. I thought that the foot box might be the answer to my comfort issues, and it turns out I was so right. I spent one night in it, and felt so good waking up I didn't want the night to stop. Normally I toss and turn, but this hammock was so comfortable I stayed on my back the whole night.

Anyway, thanks for reading my confession, and my ramble. I'll post some info later about how I got my Winter Coat UQ suspended well, and how I insulated my feet, hopefully with photos.

Brandon, thank you so much for such a great product.
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    KAQ,WB,Ham. Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch clips, strap
    I tried. My wife the doctor said it wont fly with the insurance even though its the best "chiropractor" Ive tried on my back. Its saddly lumped in the same category as a hot tub.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I just moved and had to update my insurance policy a couple weeks ago, so I went thru my belongings with the agent. My hiking gear is now insured! I never told my wife what the estimate was on my gear value...and don't plan to. Mainly b/c it scared me.

I have a Blackbird, two Warbonnet El Dorados, and a Winter Yeti. And I'm trying to justify to myself why I don't need a Black Mamba (b/c the default is that I do need one)...we'll see how that goes.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Lefty Blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    So how did you insulate your feet? Were you able to keep your tootsies warm?
    "Fall in love with mermaids, dance with octopi. Cast off your big brown shoes, get squishy, and wiggle for all you're worth."-from the Fish Head Manifesto

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'll post some photos later...needs more testing, but I think it might be the solution for several problems I've had....
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rainyseason View Post
    So how did you insulate your feet? Were you able to keep your tootsies warm?
    I bring a torso pad on winter trips for a sit pad on the snow, for the frame of my pack, as a splint for a broken leg, as a backup in case I can't hang my hammock for some reason, etc. In a hammock with half-insulation, I stick it under my feet.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Sorry I missed your response, Jeff. I have been using a pad for all the same reasons you do, and it does work great and is multi-use which I love. Only problem is that when I stick it under my feet in the hammock, I wake up with sore heels.

I probably need a different pad, but I mentioned above a way I've found to keep them warmer and more comfortable in the winter. Basically, I use my down vest over the foot box. For a video of this, check out this thread.
    --Scott <><

• + New Posts