HENNY HYPER/EXP
    Tarp
    CAMO VERTEX
    Insulation
    BBJB
    Suspension
    WHOOPIES
    so any remedy to this?
    I've just been using both the tarp and the hammock just wrap the tarp around the hammock in the same skins XXL. I have had no issues as of yet and im out here in SoFL aka south Florida and the Caribbean so we get rain in a snap of a finger.

There is always a better option but seems spending more money for several different items kind of defeats the purpose of packing light or having everything dry ( id really like to see some of US mainly you speed demons at setting up a tarp in adverse conditions as quick as its said can be done). Id imagine having to set it up in a jiffy means people are going to have to dig through things dropping stuff F-ing up the lines or wind blowing your straps off a tree ect ect. one snake skin and 1 official hammock should do the trick if SHTF

but then again alot of you are way crafty so id love find out a bomb proof idea... and then see it action to actually believe

lol not that i dont but my pockets and bank account wanna verification.

CHEERS!
    "You are now Stuckinthetrees..."

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    I use my skins on my tarp. As others have mentioned, it makes it easier to deploy in the wind and easier to keep the wet tarp separated and readily accessible on the outside of my pack. I don't use a bag or skins at all for my hammock. I leave my UQ and hammock connected and leave my TQ inside the hammock. Then I stuff the whole thing into my pack all at once making sure to leave one gathered end readily accessible. I put my bear canister right on top and the weight of the canister compresses everything down nicely. Naturally, I'm careful to ensure that I don't keep any sharp items inside the main pack compartment with the hammock and quilts. The few items I have any concerns about at all (e.g. trowel, flashlight, etc.) go in outer pockets. Works for me. YMMV.
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12