Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli Pro
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Help with some gear

Hi,

In the past 18 months I have been learning about hammock camping and acquiring/making my own gear. I work at a Nature Center where we lead natured-based hikes and also offer some outdoor recreation programs like kayaking, geocaching, camping, etc.

I am planning on offering an introductory program to the public about hammock camping. I do have a few different hammocks and suspensions to share with the public, one tarp and two underquilts (one DIY and a hammockgear).

The only piece of gear I am currently missing is a top quilt, I can't justify to purchase a top quilt for a one hour free program. I am wondering if this community would be willing to let me borrow some top quilts to share with the public.

I know this might be too much to ask but I will take good care of the gear that I would need to borrow for a couple of weeks and ship it back the way I get it.

I live in Charlotte, NC so let me know if there are any good souls out there who may be willing to help me out.

Cheers,

Pepe
    If you are under control, you are not going fast enough - Mario Andretti

Hammock
    SMR Pares/Chameleon
    Tarp
    Smr Stratos/Nube
    Insulation
    20deg loco libre
    Suspension
    SMR EZ slings
    look into the Costco throws or you can take a sleeping bag and either zip it up about 2ft and then use some craft wire to create a zipper stop or completly remove the zipper and then sew the bottom to make a foot box. in the past I have found several older down bags that I converted into TQ's by removing the zipper. one is a high Sierra bag from the 80's that has 3lbs of down in it. paid 20 off criagslist and so far its gotten me down to -17 and im sure it'll go a lot farther

Hammock
    DIY 11ft. 1.6oz. HyperD
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli Pro
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thank you,

I do have a Costo down throw, a couple of sleeping bags and just ordered a sierra designs blanket so that should cover a few options for most budgets.

Since this is an introductory program I am not planning for ultra light backpacker showing up and looking for gear.
    If you are under control, you are not going fast enough - Mario Andretti

• + New Posts