Simply Light Designs - Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ / HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Straps

VIDEO: Back in to the Cabinets

Two weeks after my first trip in to Montana's Cabinet Mountains, I was back again.

This time we were going into the Cabinet Mountains Wilderness and specifically, Wanless Lake.

In getting to the lake, I would do the most elevation gain that I had ever done in a single hike. On the way up, we ran into a black bear and her cubs. The Cabinets are way more rugged than I thought they could be. I thought that it was beautiful. Let me know what you think!

Thanks for checking it out!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG, Zpacks, DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre, HG
    Suspension
    MyersTech
    Images
    Nice video of your trip! What a beautiful part of the country & so different from around here & this part of the world. My dad & brothers did a big trip to the "Bob" in Montana back in the early '80's & I kick myself to this day for not tagging along.

Whose dog packs are used on your trip? I've struggled finding the right one for my pooch, as none I've tried so far fit very well or they rub a spot under one leg on his chest.

Senior Member mountain wanderer's Avatar
    Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ / HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by ObdewlaX View Post
    Nice video of your trip! What a beautiful part of the country & so different from around here & this part of the world. My dad & brothers did a big trip to the "Bob" in Montana back in the early '80's & I kick myself to this day for not tagging along.

Whose dog packs are used on your trip? I've struggled finding the right one for my pooch, as none I've tried so far fit very well or they rub a spot under one leg on his chest.
    We were supposed to go into "The Bob" this past fall, but the wildfires kept us out. Hopefully I will get over there in 2018.

I can only speak for Timber's pack (the red one). It's from RuffWear and this was his first trip with this new pack. His old pack was from RuffWear as well, and we got a lot of miles out of it. I really like the new pack because there is a base harness, and you can take the pack on / off without taking the harness off. When we take rest stops it makes it much easier to take off his pack for a few minutes. We had no issues with the pack (2 more trips after this one). I expect it to last many years.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Really gorgeous country out there. You're very fortunate to have those kinds of stompin grounds!

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    SLD WH
    Insulation
    MH 0 Bag/LL 0 RR
    Suspension
    STRAPS
    Spectacular part of the USA,...surely qualifies for 'Big Sky Country', and the photography/video work was near equal with outdoor programing I've watched on PBS.

Having spent time in Montana on several trips I could really appreciate all that grandeur and beauty,...thank you.

Hammock
    Draumr or Sierra Madre
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    lots of down
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Very professional narration and videography- I hope for more videos as I really enjoyed watching this. You live in a beautiful area of our country. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Megan
    In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. [Albert Camus]

Senior Member mountain wanderer's Avatar
    Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ / HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by johnspenn View Post
    Really gorgeous country out there. You're very fortunate to have those kinds of stompin grounds!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheMove View Post
    Spectacular part of the USA,...surely qualifies for 'Big Sky Country', and the photography/video work was near equal with outdoor programing I've watched on PBS.

Having spent time in Montana on several trips I could really appreciate all that grandeur and beauty,...thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshower View Post
    Very professional narration and videography- I hope for more videos as I really enjoyed watching this. You live in a beautiful area of our country. Thanks for sharing!
    Montana is a beautiful place. When I moved to North Idaho about 5 years back, I decided that I had to try to walk as many of the trails as I possibly could. A few down and whole lot more to go!

Hammock
    SLD SL, WBBB XLC, TTTG
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE, HG
    Suspension
    Various
    I hiked to Wanless Lake about 20 years ago. I cheated and hiked from the Geiger Lake side over Lost Buck Pass. It's a shorter hike and I did it as a day trip. Can't remember how far it was, but I was much younger and it seemed easy. There was no trail from the top of the pass to the lake back then.

Thanks for sharing. It brought back some good memories.

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Thanks for another superb video! I would definitely like to make that trip. Keep the videos and trip beta coming!

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    12' Winter Shelter
    Insulation
    Quilts
    That is a pretty area. I need to make it over there. Thanks for sharing.
    We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin
    (known as a win-win on this forum)

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast