Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I can't side sleep in a GE because it will go banana shape on me and my back will hurt. I think it depends on the individual, like everything else in this world, one size doesn't fit all. But in the RR, i can side sleep without back pain. The trick, just like at home, is to get the pillow set to the right height so your neck is not in a pinch.
    Good luck.
    I enjoy working for my heat...it seems to make my food taste better. -Richard Proenneke

2TiedUp YouTube Channel

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Netless
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG UQ / TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    I can only speak of the XLC. I am a hard core side sleeper and ONLY sleep on my side in my hammock. Can't go to sleep any other way. I do find sleeping on my right is more comfortable. My XLC is head left, feet right. My Dutch 11" (non-Chameleon) is a little more comfortable to me but only because it is a SL and my XLC is DL. The SL gives my body the ability to conform a little better, which reduces my pressure points. But I sleep in my hammock every night in my home. At home, I use 2 pillows; one for my head and one between my knees. However, that is not pack-able (for me) on the trail. I use 2 smaller down pillows when I am on the trail. I do think the asym hammocks are a little more picky on left/right side sleeping position. The regular GE has a bit more flexibility for me, which you would get with the Chameleon.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremyc View Post
    The regular GE has a bit more flexibility for me, which you would get with the Chameleon.
    The updated XLC offers a reversible lay now as well

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Palace
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Spiders/Mantis
    My 1st hammock was a WBBB and was incredibly comfortable during weeks’ long strenuous hikes. I swore I’d never buy a different hammock, as nothing could possibly measure up in comfort. I was wrong. However, the WB shelf is unmatched. There’s no close second in storage.

A belly and side sleeper at home, back sleeping in hammocks is my preference, which still amazes. Hammocking at home, I lounge on my side comfortably in the Blackbird and Chameleon and two different Dream Hammocks.

If you haven’t, spend some time on the hammock websites. Compare features and grand total prices. Read reviews. Check out the business’ YouTube videos.

The one other thing that comes to mind, some quilts seemingly are more tailored to specific hammocks. If you’ve decided on specific quilts or a pad, that may help you chose. Some, like me, mix and match and that works.

Remember, WB or Dutch (or Dream Hammocks) want your business and are happy to help you figure if their hammocks are the better fit for your requirements.

Happy hammock hunting!

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Netless
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG UQ / TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    The updated XLC offers a reversible lay now as well
    Good to know. I just watched the video you made on the updated model. I will be picking one up in the next couple of months.

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Netless
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG UQ / TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremyc View Post
    I can only speak of the XLC. I am a hard core side sleeper and ONLY sleep on my side in my hammock. Can't go to sleep any other way. I do find sleeping on my right is more comfortable. My XLC is head left, feet right. My Dutch 11" (non-Chameleon) is a little more comfortable to me but only because it is a SL and my XLC is DL. The SL gives my body the ability to conform a little better, which reduces my pressure points. But I sleep in my hammock every night in my home. At home, I use 2 pillows; one for my head and one between my knees. However, that is not pack-able (for me) on the trail. I use 2 smaller down pillows when I am on the trail. I do think the asym hammocks are a little more picky on left/right side sleeping position. The regular GE has a bit more flexibility for me, which you would get with the Chameleon.
    I must add, I only take my XLC when hiking/camping due to the shelf. It’s a tad heavier, but the storage really is second to none. I need to make a ridge-line sling for my Dutch 11’ and try that out one of these days.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    MARPATWinter Dream
    Insulation
    Lynx,Wooki & Mamba
    I have an XLC and have tried many times to sleep on my side in it with little luck.
    This winter I got a RR and just used it on a 10 day trip. WAY better never had an bit of trouble. I even did a bit of stomach sleeping in in it

Get a RR, so worth it.

IMHO

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    UGQ winterdream 12
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    buckles or Daisy
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Dogs! View Post
    Howdy,

Still researching my first purchase, does anyone have any opinions on the WBBB XLC or Chameleon being more comfortable/better for side sleeping?

Go Dogs!
    When I first switched from mattress to hammock, I brought my side sleeping ways with me. Convinced that if I couldn't, hammocks were not for me. I soon found out that I can fall fast to sleep on my back. I just had to be receptive to it and give it some time.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I own the BBXLC and sleep both on my back and sides. I personally find side sleeping in it VERY comfy; much more comfortable than my matress at home even.

I also find myself frequently switching from back to side. On my XLC I often kinda nestle myself into a hybrid 45 degree semi side sleep that makes me lass right out

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast